KY mpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkymantra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is anybody taking the Kentucky MPJE or has taken it recently? could anyone suggest a good study material for the mpje and also is the law book sent by the board sufficient to take the test?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you happen to run across a good resource, I'd like a copy of it as I will also be taking the KY MPJE this year. Likewise if I come across something I'll send it your way.

Hi,
I'm taking this exam on Wednesday but I don't have enough material. I'm just studying federal CS law and the Kentucky Pharmacy Law that Ky board sent it to me.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
Did you take your MPJE? how did you do? could you plz share your experience.

Thanks

Hi,
I'm taking this exam on Wednesday but I don't have enough material. I'm just studying federal CS law and the Kentucky Pharmacy Law that Ky board sent it to me.

Hi,
I just took my test yesterday. I studied the federal CSA and the blue booklet that the KY state board sent. I also looked up the KY controlled substance laws online at the state board website. I feel like I studied a lot, but I'm not sure how I did on the test. Make sure you know what an intern and tech can legally do. Be familiar with brand names of drugs. Instead of asking about rules regarding C2 drugs, they would use a brand name drug instead. So, you would first need to be familiar with the brand name product and what class it is in before answering the question (ie, Tylox, Paregoric). Know the difference between misbranding and adulteration. I've been practicing retail in Texas for 10 years, so I wasn't as familiar with some of the hospital laws - wish I studied that more.
I felt prepared going into the test, but I honestly don't know if I passed or not. I hate those k-type multiple choice questions. Well, hopefully, I did ok. When I took the Texas MPJE 10 years ago, I remember thinking I didn't do well then. But, I did really good, so hopefully, I passed this time too.

I took my test last Wednesday but the result is not posted yet. usually it getting posted after 2 days if it's not weekend. but i'm still waiting.
I don't have a good feeling about that. I worked in MD for 6years as a pharmacist.
I took VA law 4 weeks ago and I past it. It was totally different. In Va questions were all new, mostly about out of state pharmacies, automated Rx filling machines and very few k-type multiple choice and they gave the result right away. But KY test were like old exam that I took for MD.
I don't think that I did well because I studied the way that I had experience with VA.
Just crossing my finger.

Hi Pharmmof3,
Thank you so much for your valuable inputs on the exam and the exam material. I appreciate it. Wish you all the very best!!

Hi Tjm,
Thankyou for sharing your experience. sometimes there is a delay in posting of results, I'm sure you must have done well. All the best

Hi Tjm,
Thankyou for sharing your experience. sometimes there is a delay in posting of results, I'm sure you must have done well. All the best

Hi Pinkymantra,
I got my result and I didn't pass. I have to wait one month.
Are you going to take it soon?

Sorry Tjm .. that sucks. I got my scores today too and I did pass. I forgot to mention that I also bought the study guide from this website: http://www.pharmacyexam.com/ky.cfm It is a practice test and it cost $60. It was a good study tool because it explains all the answers. I thought I was well prepared between that practice exam and studying the KY law online and the blue book they sent, but then I felt like the test asked a ton of stuff that I hadn't even studied. But, I guess I did better than I thought I did.
Good luck to both of you!