KYCOM Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aburnet2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else super pumped about being a member of the KYCOM family!?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I made my deposit too. So now it is on to housing and job for the wife.

Hello-
I interview this Saturday (1/12/13) and am hopeful those of you who are already accepted could shed some light on some potential interview questions. I have toured and LOVE Pikeville. Any insight would be fantastic. Thank you and Congratulations...

I'm a current student. Feel free to ask me whatever!

I was just accepted into the class of 2017! Quick question, how long did it take to receive the letter in the mail after getting the phone call?

it took mine a pretty long time, i am thinking about a month. Really starts to make you feel like there was some kind of mistake and it isn't going to happen lol. Don't worry though, it will show up. Congrats btw!

Really? A month? I think I only have 2 weeks to do the first deposit after being accepted. I assume thats after I get the letter right? Thanks btw!

Just received my letter today! Very excited about KYCOM!

Just received my letter today! Very excited about KYCOM!

Congrats again, I'm excited as well. I just got back from a weekend in pville and it was an interesting experience. Hit the house hunt pretty hard and really only came up with a few options. I got called for a interview with PMC and so did my wife. It looks like we will either move down really early (like feb) or right in time ( end of July).

How is everyone else doing with the housing?

We are considering buying a house, but the options are limited. We have a cat so we have to find somewhere that allows pets if we are going for an apartment. However, rent seems pretty high so buying a house may not be much more expensive if it is at all.

I seriously doubt any apts here will care if you have a cat

Super excited I got accepted!! This might seem like a dumb question but do we have a facebook group or anything? Sorry :oops: Thrilled I will be there in July but I won't know anyone!

Super excited I got accepted!! This might seem like a dumb question but do we have a facebook group or anything? Sorry :oops: Thrilled I will be there in July but I won't know anyone!

Hi Guys

Can anyone who got accepted recently let me know how long it takes the acceptance letter
to arrive after the call? I'm getting nervous because I got the call on 3/13/13 and still haven't received the letter. Worried about the deposit deadlines this late in the cycle. :scared: