Lack of respect for psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure she is a wonderful practitioner, and nothing against dance, but if you provide intervention for youth psychosis through X that focused on families, community, growth and individual uniqueness in a non judgmental environment, you will create measurable success. It is always a matter of how much you care, how you show it, and how well you develop a shared belief that recovery is possible. I suppose they could think up some toxic interventions, but you could probably invent a group that is dedicated to judging horror films and find useful outcomes as long as patients become engaged and are encouraged to expand their strengths in a caring environment. As you see more and more trends that want to reform what we do, the more you realize that the principles are relabeled, but not changed all that much. It is all about forming relationships, listening to patterns, and being so familiar with these patterns, the patient has a reduced ability to retreat into "you don't understand". All of this requires trust and a belief that intentions on both sides are honest and moving towards improvement. Then depending upon which journal you are writing for you quote Sigmund and profess his brilliance or stupidity and you are on your way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm sure she is a wonderful practitioner, and nothing against dance, but if you provide intervention for youth psychosis through X that focused on families, community, growth and individual uniqueness in a non judgmental environment, you will create measurable success. It is always a matter of how much you care, how you show it, and how well you develop a shared belief that recovery is possible. I suppose they could think up some toxic interventions, but you could probably invent a group that is dedicated to judging horror films and find useful outcomes as long as patients become engaged and are encouraged to expand their strengths in a caring environment. As you see more and more trends that want to reform what we do, the more you realize that the principles are relabeled, but not changed all that much. It is all about forming relationships, listening to patterns, and being so familiar with these patterns, the patient has a reduced ability to retreat into "you don't understand". All of this requires trust and a belief that intentions on both sides are honest and moving towards improvement. Then depending upon which journal you are writing for you quote Sigmund and profess his brilliance or stupidity and you are on your way.

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here nodding enthusiastically in agreement. :nod: