Largest Summer Course Load?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly you could probably do 12 credits over the summer ( 2 each semester). I've done that before, but I wouldn't recommend it to a high school senior simply on the basis that a lot of freshman majorly fail at studying. So I would recommend at most 1 of those classes and to majorly consider an intro to college life class.

Honestly you could probably do 12 credits over the summer ( 2 each semester). I've done that before, but I wouldn't recommend it to a high school senior simply on the basis that a lot of freshman majorly fail at studying. So I would recommend at most 1 of those classes and to majorly consider an intro to college life class.

I would think if he is going to a university that he wait until fall quarter/semester. As serenade touched upon, intro to college life type classes (or FIG classes) are very useful. They're generally offered in the fall, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
did 16 units last summer, (4 four unit classes). difficult, but doable, and if he's a freshman, why? plenty of time to take care of general ed

Just tell him to enjoy his summer. He can get that stuff taken care of later.

uhh tell him to enjoy his summer, summers are good for retaking courses you did poorly in.

I took 14 credits this past summer over 9 weeks and didn't have enough free time (also working FT) as I would have liked. If he's adamant about taking some classes over the summer, he should just take one. That way he'll get a feel for what college courses are like and still have plenty of fun. Composition is a good one, in my opinion.