Last final of first year ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Well, at 8 am tomorrow morning is the Operative Dentistry final. That'll mark the official end to my first year, Thank God. It definitely was fun, but at times it was pretty ridiculous.

I think a 5 week stretch this semester could have been likened to hell on earth considering it was 8-5 class every day, occlusion projects, fixed practicals, operative practicals, neuroanatomy practicals, gross practicals and then 7-8 written tests thrown in there too.

But I've got to say it was fun. I know this fall will be miserable as well considering it's Micro, Patho, and Pharm with all sorts of crazy dental classes thrown in too. But basically after 1 more semester and the boards and I'll maybe the faculty will actually treat us like we're viable dental students.

Sorry if i'm rambling, but i can't make myself study and the caffeine is definitely doing it's job. Did anyone ever take an old board exam just for kicks after they finished their courses without studying? I'm wondering if the newer exams are a lot harder than the 98 one, or if i'm just good at guessing.

Anyways, the point being, dental school isn't what i'd call a vacation, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel every now and then.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats. Yeah, those lights at the ends of tunnels is what keeps you going sometimes. You took the 98 board exam? Wow, you must be having a hard time studying for operative. If you did fine on the 98, then you'll do fine on the real thing. Last yrs boards were somewhat more difficult, but my score was about the same as the practice exams. Now just make sure you retain all that knowledge for another year. :D Good luck on your exam tomorrow. It's a great fealing getting 1st yr out of the way. Only 3 more to go.

Congrats CJ...good luck on the final.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats man. You have no idea how awesome your clinical years will be. Thus far my clinical experience has been great, and we are a new school with plenty of bumps in the road. Yours will be spectacular, hang in there!

ItsGavinC said:
Congrats man. You have no idea how awesome your clinical years will be. Thus far my clinical experience has been great, and we are a new school with plenty of bumps in the road. Yours will be spectacular, hang in there!

Dude, what happened to your thread about clinics? You are supposed to keep that updated with stories.

Congrats, first year sucked, but hey we're D2s now...