Last semester not looking great

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrueWolverine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I'm in a bit of a pickle....I'm in my last semester at undergrad and have had no choice but to set up my schedule the way it is. That being said I'm a little worried about my grade in anatomy as I come to the end of the semester. If it were up to me I wouldn't have taken it this semester but my counselor recommended it for med school so I kinda got stuck with it. It's notoriously rigorous at my school and it's known throughout the state for being ridiculously hard (not that that really matters in the big picture). Anyways....I have been so focused on graduating that I have put more time into my other classes so my anatomy grade is suffering. It's purely an elective credit that will not affect my graduation at all, one of the reasons it's been on the back burner this semester. It's not that the material has been so hard I can't handle it, it's that the lab portion requires a ridiculous amount of hours to pass and all my other classes have also been very time intensive. Anyone know how schools view a failed class the semester before matriculation? It's not over yet and there's a curve so it's not for sure yet, just wanted some advice before it's too late. Should I bother putting a ton of effort into it and potentially hurting my other classes?? I hate that it's come to this but graduating has been more of a priority this semester...

Members don't see this ad.

I would call Midwestern and see what they have to say.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright so I'm in a bit of a pickle....I'm in my last semester at undergrad and have had no choice but to set up my schedule the way it is. That being said I'm a little worried about my grade in anatomy as I come to the end of the semester. If it were up to me I wouldn't have taken it this semester but my counselor recommended it for med school so I kinda got stuck with it. It's notoriously rigorous at my school and it's known throughout the state for being ridiculously hard (not that that really matters in the big picture). Anyways....I have been so focused on graduating that I have put more time into my other classes so my anatomy grade is suffering. It's purely an elective credit that will not affect my graduation at all, one of the reasons it's been on the back burner this semester. It's not that the material has been so hard I can't handle it, it's that the lab portion requires a ridiculous amount of hours to pass and all my other classes have also been very time intensive. Anyone know how schools view a failed class the semester before matriculation? It's not over yet and there's a curve so it's not for sure yet, just wanted some advice before it's too late. Should I bother putting a ton of effort into it and potentially hurting my other classes?? I hate that it's come to this but graduating has been more of a priority this semester...
Do you need the class to graduate? If your graduation is not jeopardized, then you likely don't need to call the school to which you've been accepted. That being said, it's probably worth taking a hit on your other classes to not fail the course. It'll be good practice for those late night sessions reviewing in the gross lab if you go to Midwestern. Nobody will care about your undergraduate performance anyway once you obtain your doctorate (and the CASPR application only reports your undergraduate earned degree, not the associated GPA).

Reactions: 1 user
Do you need the class to graduate? If your graduation is not jeopardized, then you likely don't need to call the school to which you've been accepted. That being said, it's probably worth taking a hit on your other classes to not fail the course. It'll be good practice for those late night sessions reviewing in the gross lab if you go to Midwestern. Nobody will care about your undergraduate performance anyway once you obtain your doctorate (and the CASPR application only reports your undergraduate earned degree, not the associated GPA).

That's what I was thinking/hoping. The class will not jeopardize my graduation so as long as I pass my other classes I will still graduate. Definitely going to do what I can to still pass though.