Late applicant: re applying using the same PS and essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rocket3004

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I am currently still in the running, but things are looking bleak. I think my lateness might be what killed me.

So, if I do re-apply, would it be really poor if I re-submit using (nearly) the same PS and essays (assuming they were NOT the weak point of my application.. assumption based on feedback from advisors, etc.)? I don't want them to read it and be like: "oh this guy again, trash!"

Also, if you didn't fill out a secondary to a school, do you still check the little box on their secondary that says "I applied for matriculation in previous year"?

Lastly, what about using your existing letters (assuming they too, were not your weak spot)...??

I hope this isn't the case, but I thought I would ask to be prepared if it is.

(my link is at the bottom, feel free to give any feedback!)

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt re-write my PS (I am an exception rather than the rule) but I did re-write most of my secondaries.

My biggest problem was the MCAT...I improved significantly this current cycle I applied.

Your stats are great, and I bet money you get in this cycle. but if you are re-applying...I would indeed check my PS statements, and even the LORs. there is a reason you didnt get accepted with those awesome stats...applying late might not be the biggest excuse for you :cool: