late applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyYaYaYaYai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Along the trail, I learned and was told about other programs that I hadn't considered before. Surprisingly, some of these suggestions came from PDs or aPDs based on my application.

1) at this point in the game, is it silly to even apply to some of these programs? (note: they are not the "elites")
2) if I do apply, should/do I contact the program at all to say "hey, look at me! A new application has arrived! Hey! Hi! Look!"

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

well you can usually look at the deadline on the program websites but the deadline has passed (usually 31st oct or 1st nov) for most programs. If you are really interested in a place and can justify it, you should contact the PC/PD and ask whether they would consider your application after introducing yourself.

Unfortunately not all of them have their deadlines on their websites or in FREIDA...perhaps it would be good to contact the PC and see what's up anyhow. Glad to know there's still a smidgen of hope either way!

Along the trail, I learned and was told about other programs that I hadn't considered before. Surprisingly, some of these suggestions came from PDs or aPDs based on my application.

1) at this point in the game, is it silly to even apply to some of these programs? (note: they are not the "elites")
2) if I do apply, should/do I contact the program at all to say "hey, look at me! A new application has arrived! Hey! Hi! Look!"

Thanks in advance.

Care to share any of these gem programs that were recommended by other PDs?

I wouldn't necessarily say that they were gems, just that they matched my background, lifestyle choices, career goals, and my interest in transgender health. A good example is VCU, which has a transgender mental health clinic. Miami programs were also suggested to me because of their larger-than-average trans population.

Reactions: 1 user