Late Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbran27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could answer to this predicament I'm in...
I had 5 letters to be sent to AADSAS in my application (2 sci, 2 personal, 1 dentist), but they had only received 3 when my app was mailed out, so I'm missing a science and dentist letter from the mix. Will schools know that 2 more letters are on the way and postpone reviewing the app, or will they look at it anyway and think I'm a slacker for missing a science faculty letter? Thanks,

-Concerned

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sending all my letters directly to the schools. That works better and it's faster. You don't have to wait on AADSAS.

Schools know that not all the parts of your application will arrive at the same time. They'll just wait until your application is complete before reviewing it. They won't think negatively of you if you don't have your LOR in yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you send LORs directly to the schools do you use the same address as provided on AADSAS website. Also do you include any type of extra letter with your AADSAS info on it??

Thx

only 2 of my 5 have been received and sent out (slacker profs).... i don't think it's a big deal. schools know that is kinda out of your hands once you had the form over to the professor.

jB!

how do you send the letters directly to the schools? I'd feel kind of bad asking the dentist i shadowed to write 12 LOR's, and I also filled out the form agreeing to not look at the LOR's, so i can't photocopy them myself...

Yeyyy said:
how do you send the letters directly to the schools? I'd feel kind of bad asking the dentist i shadowed to write 12 LOR's, and I also filled out the form agreeing to not look at the LOR's, so i can't photocopy them myself...

That's why I'm not having them send the letters directly to the school. Some schools also won't take it unless it's through AADSAS.

since a) some schools won't accept letters that aren't received from AADSAS, b) some schools won't review your application for interview consideration BEFORE your application is complete, meaning ALL LOR's are received and c) some schools will accept letters sent by the individual evaluator --- i did the following:

had each reference send hard copies to AADSAS and to EACH school to which i applied b/c the turn-around time at AADSAS was NOT cutting it :mad: . i had each evaluator include a "cover letter" (that i made up) with their letters to each school which had my full name, AADSAS number, and a statement which explained that a copy of the enclosed letter had been forwarded to AADSAS for processing.

so far, i have not had a problem with this and was worried sick earlier b/c AADSAS was taking so long to send out my letters. hope that helps :)