Late LoRs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rogert

Grumpy Gorilla
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help clarify part of this application process to me.

I'm a nontraditional applicant who's been out of school for some time. I'm taking classes this year to finish up some prereqs and the instructors have agreed to write me LoRs given that I perform well. The problem is that, from the way I read things, it seems that adcoms don't even look at your app until all of your LoRs are in and I don't think I can reasonably expect mine until at least October. Am I just wasting money filling out secondaries at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm, a fellow non-tradi here also. From what I know, schools dont require as many LOR for non-trad since you are out of school for so long (as little as 2 LORs should be fine); they even accept LORs from employer as substitute for instructor. But call the school to confirm this.

I was hoping someone could help clarify part of this application process to me.

I'm a nontraditional applicant who's been out of school for some time. I'm taking classes this year to finish up some prereqs and the instructors have agreed to write me LoRs given that I perform well. The problem is that, from the way I read things, it seems that adcoms don't even look at your app until all of your LoRs are in and I don't think I can reasonably expect mine until at least October. Am I just wasting money filling out secondaries at this point?

Submitting october would be considered very late. And yes, they will not look at your secondary application until the LOR are submitted and processed.

Please do not submit/pay for your secondaries and apply next cycle. : (

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?