Late update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CitrusPeel

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Question about sending an update letter before receiving fall semester grades, because my college sends out grades late. Redacted for fear of doxxing myself]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The thing is that my school's fall semester runs later than most, so I won't have my grades until after Christmas. Will that be too late to be useful? Am I right in thinking it would be silly to send a letter before getting my grades, just stating (to those schools that didn't ask about gap year plans in their secondaries) the courses I'm taking?
Most universities will be closed prior to and through Christmas/New Years. No need to rush before your fall grades are in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most universities will be closed prior to and through Christmas/New Years. No need to rush before your fall grades are in.
Hello Mr.Smile12, I interviewed at a medical school this week and they let us know the turnaround time would be quite quick (hearing back next Monday.) I was wondering if sending an update letter a little less than a page and a letter of interest a little less than a page would be too much? They are both size 11 font and 1.5 spaced. Thanks for taking a look at this!

Hello Mr.Smile12, I interviewed at a medical school this week and they let us know the turnaround time would be quite quick (hearing back next Monday.) I was wondering if sending an update letter a little less than a page and a letter of interest a little less than a page would be too much? They are both size 11 font and 1.5 spaced. Thanks for taking a look at this!
Whoops, meant to include @Goro as well if you would be willing to give insight.

Unless they say not to... I guess you can if you're wanted to.

Reactions: 1 user
Whoops, meant to include @Goro as well if you would be willing to give insight.
The school knows you're interested because you applied and showed up for the interview.

Updates? What significant things have you done? FY, starting a new job or venue don't impress anyone.

Reactions: 1 user
The school knows you're interested because you applied and showed up for the interview.

Updates? What significant things have you done? FY, starting a new job or venue don't impress anyone.
Thanks for getting back to me! I had a publication that was also presented at a conference and got a promotion at work.