Latest Time to Take the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothPrincess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One more question for the day guys, since you were all so helpful with my last question.... What is the LAST POSSIBLE DAY to take the Dat for the fall 2008 cycle... I know that it is already late, I know that some may say that there is no cut off, but what do people think about this overall... I was sched for sept, then I changed to oct 9th, now I am oct 16th, I just may never be ready in my head, but could I afford to push it back one last time??

I really want to go to IOWA, Marquette, or UIC.... HELP!:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

One more question for the day guys, since you were all so helpful with my last question.... What is the LAST POSSIBLE DAY to take the Dat for the fall 2008 cycle... I know that it is already late, I know that some may say that there is no cut off, but what do people think about this overall... I was sched for sept, then I changed to oct 9th, now I am oct 16th, I just may never be ready in my head, but could I afford to push it back one last time??

I really want to go to IOWA, Marquette, or UIC.... HELP!:oops:

no you cant afford to push it back. stop being a baby and just take it on your scheduled date. Its like you're saying How many cookies do I eat before I get fat? 30 you say? Oh ok then I guess I'll just eat 29 cookies. stop putting things off till the last minute.

hey toothprincess...did u try taking practice test? if u did how did u score on those? if u didn't take it...i suggest take it first...so u will know where u stand...if u r doing good, there is no reason to delay...if u r doing bad, then delay it, prepare urself on ur weakness and make sure u r confident to take it...if u r not confident, don't go for it.. delay it, till u r ur best... but a practice test should tell u, where u stand (topscore practice test, i think is more accurate).
Good Luck..

oh and i forgot to mention, i think the latest u can take DAT is december...however i heard someone took it in January or Feb..and got in school...but again, not 100%....it also depends on what school u r applying to...they say by when they need DAT score to be in...so check it out..

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with 2bhumika that the decision to delay your test should be based on the results of your latest FULL practice test. I would take one full practice test that you haven't taken yet and see how you do. Do one this weekend.

If you get a ton of mid teens and lower, delay the test since those scores will get you rejected everywhere. If your scores are in the high teens or better, then hurry up and take the real test in early Oct.

Remember, even submitting your scores in mid Oct means that you pretty much missed the fall interview dates since there will be a month delay before schools fully review your files.

If your gpa and DAT scores are stellar, then you will still have a chance for an interview in Nov or Jan. By then, 90% of the seats may be gone.

However, if you submit AA, TS, and PAT scores of 16 or lower and you submit in mid Oct......

Thanks again for all of the positive feedback, bodybldgdoc, what is your problem... seriously someone needs to be confident to do well on an exam like the dat... i am not sure what you are lacking that makes you go after pretty much everyone on this site, but I am sure its nothing a bottle of lotion and showtime at night wont fix...

but to everyone else, i have taken practice tests in the beginning to see where I stood at the beginning of studying but that was june/july, so i think that you are right, i am going to do a full length practice test and assess where i really stand... i have a 3.3 cum gpa and a 3.9 science, some killer LORs and what I think is a creative PS, and over 500 hours of shadowing... but none of that matters without the DAT... thanks again :)

oh... i dont know if this changes anything, but i am a minority and a female, but the lowest score on the dat that I will be satisfied with is a 21 AA... thanks

I'm actually scheduled for Oct. 20th but pushing it back a week to Oct 27th. I think if you're taking it that late, you need to be as confident as possible :)

you said it yourself that you may never be ready in your head, so I dont know why you think pushing the test back a week or two will make you more confident. I am only going by what you said in your post so theres no need to insult me.
You know what you could do though. You could push it back all the way till April of next year and then just apply for the next cycle. I think you should be plenty confident by then.

you said it yourself that you may never be ready in your head, so I dont know why you think pushing the test back a week or two will make you more confident. I am only going by what you said in your post so theres no need to insult me.
You know what you could do though. You could push it back all the way till April of next year and then just apply for the next cycle. I think you should be plenty confident by then.

cute... but worthless

Thanks again for all of the positive feedback, bodybldgdoc, what is your problem... seriously someone needs to be confident to do well on an exam like the dat... i am not sure what you are lacking that makes you go after pretty much everyone on this site, but I am sure its nothing a bottle of lotion and showtime at night wont fix...

but to everyone else, i have taken practice tests in the beginning to see where I stood at the beginning of studying but that was june/july, so i think that you are right, i am going to do a full length practice test and assess where i really stand... i have a 3.3 cum gpa and a 3.9 science, some killer LORs and what I think is a creative PS, and over 500 hours of shadowing... but none of that matters without the DAT... thanks again :)

oh... i dont know if this changes anything, but i am a minority and a female, but the lowest score on the dat that I will be satisfied with is a 21 AA... thanks

you are pushing it by not taking your test yet....since most schools are interviewing now you might get a late interview date for the incoming class or it might be for the waitlist. Your science gpa is excellent but your overall isn't so great.
I think you're a great prospect but time is not on your side. You have to make a decision real soon. Good luck
-ld

I know of somone one that took the DAT in Nov didn't do to well on it and took it again in Feb and got in that next July. So it just depends on how well you do on it. The later you take it the better you have to do. He got a AA 26 his second time.

honestly i agree with body....just take it ez...u wanna be confident...and DEF. take a full length test to c how ur performance is...don't sweat it tho...it will happen...u can make it happen!!!!

dont take it till you're ready. The last thing you want to do is start studying again for a retake right after you take your DATs

thanks, i think that i will push it to the 27th... i talked all of my schools and they said that i can fax my scores when i get them... i am just really worried about iowa....:cool:

u r pushing it from oct 9th to 16th and now to 27th

i think u should ask urself, what is it that you need to do to "be ready", estimate the time and schedule the exam date, stick with the schedule.

pushing it back one week by one week seems like you need to work on time management skills

u r pushing it from oct 9th to 16th and now to 27th

i think u should ask urself, what is it that you need to do to "be ready", estimate the time and schedule the exam date, stick with the schedule.

pushing it back one week by one week seems like you need to work on time management skills

X2

I pushed my DAT back too. From 20th to the 29th. Honestly, just do what you think is best. At this point you know that we need to get high scores to compete this late in the cycle so I think it's fine that you pushed it back to the 27th :)

I'm not sure if it will help anyone but I talked to nova today about my bombed scores and they were ok with my retake in january. It's not ideal...actually it's a slim shot-but it is possible.