Learned nothing, but somehow got an A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oncie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished an intro to stats course and managed to get an A in it. I don't really feel like I learned anything though. Anyone else ever got this feeling from previous classes? Hopefully this info never comes back.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Statistics is largely common sense, especially at the intro level.

Yes, I too felt that I learned nothing from my intro stats class, as well as any online courses.

It is sad. But it's great for courses where you have no interest in the subject and just need it to fulfill requirements. Online courses are very, very easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if you can at least remember why reading into standard deviation is important, that will definitely help you when reading admission statistics. lol I felt that way when I finished Stats the first time, but the thing with stats is that you actually go over it again and again. If you took another Stats class in the future, you would be surprised how easily the things you actually put work into would come back to you. Advanced stats is basically concepts from elementary stats put into a nut-shell and done on itself.

It will come back if you ever get to doing research.

Reactions: 1 user
That's pretty common for undergraduate courses in my experience.

Stats will most definitely come back in your medical career lol

Take the A and run with it. You're not trying to be a statistician are you?

Neat.

Shoulda manned up and taken a real math, Mr. Prodigy.

The stats class I had made you do everything by hand which is pointless, but it's part of the curriculum...
The important parts were my computer lab section where they gave you different data sets and you had to know how to analyze/interpret it using spss.

I learned nothing from my gen eds, pretty much

Lots of my Stat classes had a pretty useless prof. I learned everything on my own and kept all the material saved just in case I had to reference it in the future. Stats are every where though, especially as the world becomes more appreciative of analytics. You can get good at Stats on your own.