LECOM Applicants 2014/2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I
I got accepted too like Tuesday I got my letter, not accepting though

Members don't see this ad.

jealous -_- grats though! what campus ?
ERIE- Don't be jealous, I'm sure you too will get what you want! Be consistent and follow through with whatever it is you want and you will be successful! Good luck!

ERIE- Don't be jealous, I'm sure you too will get what you want! Be consistent and follow through with whatever it is you want and you will be successful! Good luck!
you're going into the 3 year pathway correct? I'm applying for the Bradenton Campus in FL

Members don't see this ad :)
So how does the distance education pathway work? Can you work full time while enrolled?

So how does the distance education pathway work? Can you work full time while enrolled?
:whistle: I'm pretty sure one can, as long as that person does very well at retaining information, has one of the highest levels of energy and is willing to lose a lot of sleep over the course of 4 years.

Part-time would be better like 10-20 hours maybe a week but im just guessing. I know one of my pharmacists who did full time work and full time school but she's insane. most of our interns, like a friend of mine, does about 10-14 hours a week on the weekends. although some weekends he'll request off to study.

haha sounds like a piece of cake! so really the only advantage would be not moving but you're losing out on personal interaction with the faculty, students, and numerous networking opportunity; it doesn't seem like worth doing...

haha sounds like a piece of cake! so really the only advantage would be not moving but you're losing out on personal interaction with the faculty, students, and numerous networking opportunity; it doesn't seem like worth doing...
yeah pretty much, I don't like that part but I am going to apply to the distance pathway also :eek: I dont like that online type of study :confused:

My application has been put on hold because I haven't finished all the prereq... Anyone get something like this? I always thought we had this fall semester and winter semester to finish our prereq?

My application has been put on hold because I haven't finished all the prereq... Anyone get something like this? I always thought we had this fall semester and winter semester to finish our prereq?
i only had elem stats to do but they accepted me but I'm not going, that happened to my friend her gpa was low and so was her pcat so they put her on hold and she never got in for the rest of the year...sometimes they want to see what you get to determine whether they want to interview you or not..if its like orgo 2 or a bio class like a and p they will want to wait to see how you do and some math courses...

i only had elem stats to do but they accepted me but I'm not going, that happened to my friend her gpa was low and so was her pcat so they put her on hold and she never got in for the rest of the year...sometimes they want to see what you get to determine whether they want to interview you or not..if its like orgo 2 or a bio class like a and p they will want to wait to see how you do and some math courses...
My GPA is a 3.88 and my PCAT score is 79. I just hope they send it to admissions after this semster..

My GPA is a 3.88 and my PCAT score is 79. I just hope they send it to admissions after this semster..
what classes are you missing? that is very strange though, because what if another school accepts you? or what happens to your seat because from the looks of it its not like they're holding it down for you. if its true I hope it doesn't happen to me =[

what classes are you missing? that is very strange though, because what if another school accepts you? or what happens to your seat because from the looks of it its not like they're holding it down for you. if its true I hope it doesn't happen to me =[
I'll admit I am missing few classes. I am currently taking organic 1 and Microbiology and gen chem 2. Next semester, I'll take calc and organic 2. I contacted them before I applied, and they conformed that it would not be a problem. They said as long as I get my classes in before I start pharmacy school I should not have any problem. In the E-mail it stated that they might forward my application to admission when this semester is over. The other school I applied for has differed me.

I'll admit I am missing few classes. I am currently taking organic 1 and Microbiology and gen chem 2. Next semester, I'll take calc and organic 2. I contacted them before I applied, and they conformed that it would not be a problem. They said as long as I get my classes in before I start pharmacy school I should not have any problem. In the E-mail it stated that they might forward my application to admission when this semester is over. The other school I applied for has differed me.
ohhhhh well that explains a lot actually. I would only be missing Biology 2 which I'm taking in Spring 15' but after Spring I would be over qualified for their Pre-Reqs by a good amount of classes.
Spring I'm taking: Bio 2 + Lab, A&P 1 + Lab, Microbio + Lab, Physics with Cal + Lab ..... and my PCAT is on this friday and I just got the Flu lol *PERFECT*

But not to worry there is still plenty of time and I'm sure youll do well this semester to prove to them that you're good enough for their program. keep us posted!

ohhhhh well that explains a lot actually. I would only be missing Biology 2 which I'm taking in Spring 15' but after Spring I would be over qualified for their Pre-Reqs by a good amount of classes.
Spring I'm taking: Bio 2 + Lab, A&P 1 + Lab, Microbio + Lab, Physics with Cal + Lab ..... and my PCAT is on this friday and I just got the Flu lol *PERFECT*

But not to worry there is still plenty of time and I'm sure youll do well this semester to prove to them that you're good enough for their program. keep us posted!
haha feel better and good luck on your PCAT. I hope it works out after this semester.

Does anyone know if LECOM requires A&P as a prereq? Trying to see if I can drop A&P II before i pay for the course!