LECOM D4 about to graduate AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My patient got covid and now I have 6 hours to kill. AMA about LECOM or dental school

Ill stick around the next couple days to answer any questions that arise.

Members don't see this ad.

When is a good time to start looking at jobs, and what are your requirements in a job?

When is a good time to start looking at jobs, and what are your requirements in a job?
Most people start looking early spring of D4 year. Some a little earlier. Most jobs, private practice or DSO, won't really give you the time of day any earlier than that. Personally I knew where I was going to go before dental school due to having connections in my prior job before dental school. My requirements are just to be in a setting where I can maximize income and have the ability to learn from others and grow my skillset as efficiently as possible. The days of seeing 5 patients a day and becoming a millionaire do not exist. Be ready to work hard and be a little uncomfortable no matter where you work.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you happy with LECOM so far? Did you end up feeling that moving to an external clinic during 4th year was a good thing or bad?

For your fourth year are you required to move from Bradenton? If so, how do students take this? Who is mentoring you for the 4th year? Does LECOM have staff/professors at these locations?

I personally would be hesitant to attend LECOM if they required you to move your 4th year. Is there anything you can tell me that might alleviate some concerns I hold about attending the program?