LECOM Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yes, I am fully aware of that. I have a well-rounded application outside of my stats. My question posed was whether it is common for LECOM to take longer to update applicants and if it is normal for them to ghost applicants...
If you applied three times, you know the answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I am fully aware of that. I have a well-rounded application outside of my stats. My question posed was whether it is common for LECOM to take longer to update applicants and if it is normal for them to ghost applicants...
It’s possible that you just don’t align with the schools mission regardless of stats or ECs. Did you ever ask them what you could have done to improve your application?

they are not "ghosting" you
they do not have the time/resources/staffing to keep everyone updated all the time...

Members don't see this ad :)
they are not "ghosting" you
they do not have the time/resources/staffing to keep everyone updated all the time...
It feels like ghosting when I haven’t had a single update in 6 months 😅

If you applied three times, you know the answer.
You can’t go by that. There are many people that it takes multiple application cycles to get in for any number of reasons. I’ve heard some schools specifically don’t accept applications on their first application cycle just to see if they have the commitment and determination to continue applying. Some schools play these games. Not all, but some do.

You can’t go by that. There are many people that it takes multiple application cycles to get in for any number of reasons. I’ve heard some schools specifically don’t accept applications on their first application cycle just to see if they have the commitment and determination to continue applying. Some schools play these games. Not all, but some do.
which schools are you talking about?
i only know of one...

i don't think that's what mr.smiles is talking about
i believe he's saying after 3 cycles, you should know their usual communication pattern...

What @macsak said.

I don't think "some schools" play the "hard to get" game. This isn't like asking someone to the prom. I'm hard pressed to know any school who does this and advantages reapplicants like this. I know of (medical) schools who don't like reapplicants (especially after the third time).

What @macsak said.

I don't think "some schools" play the "hard to get" game. This isn't like asking someone to the prom. I'm hard pressed to know any school who does this and advantages reapplicants like this. I know of (medical) schools who don't like reapplicants (especially after the third time).
I have been told by people who matriculated & graduated from certain schools that yes, some schools do in fact play the hard to get game. Its a way for them to gauge who is truly dedicated and willing to commit or just give up after being rejected.

I have been told by people who matriculated & graduated from certain schools that yes, some schools do in fact play the hard to get game. Its a way for them to gauge who is truly dedicated and willing to commit or just give up after being rejected.
Geez... there are better ways to gauge that, especially if one is willing to pay so much for tuition...

Geez... there are better ways to gauge that, especially if one is willing to pay so much for tuition...
I agree 100%. I also do not agree with them toying with someone's future in that way. We have all worked too hard for too many years and invested too much money as well for them to take that view.