LECOM LDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andmcat2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!
If you are a LDP student at LECOM, what is your schedule like? I believe its different every block. How long are the blocks? How was your first anatomy block like?

I am an incoming LECOM student, class of 2024. I am currently accepted to LDP and did not choose PBL because I do not want to have a lifestyle of primarily reading for major part and having infrequent exams in PBL (1-3 per semester). I do also like the powerpoints to help me guide through and want weekly exams in LDP. So I guess, I want to know from a LDP student on how they live their everyday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm LECOM class of 2025 and I talked to a 4th year LDP. I asked him a similar question on here (private messaging) and he has not gotten back to me yet. He did tell me though that the first 13 weeks are anatomy, embryo and OPP. He says they kind of ease you into it at first and do a good job doing so.

I hoping other current LECOM students reply to this thread because I'm also curious as to what the LDP life looks like.

I'm LECOM class of 2025 and I talked to a 4th year LDP. I asked him a similar question on here (private messaging) and he has not gotten back to me yet. He did tell me though that the first 13 weeks are anatomy, embryo and OPP. He says they kind of ease you into it at first and do a good job doing so.

I hoping other current LECOM students reply to this thread because I'm also curious as to what the LDP life looks like.
Did that 4th Year student ever get back to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
At the Erie campus, all 3 pathways and the PHCS students have the same curricula for the first 13 weeks: Gross, Embryo, Histo, and a little bit of OMM...but it's like super simple OMM so don't sweat that. The only thing even remotely challenging about OMM first semester is memorizing all the historical dates, AT Still biographical data, and the verbatim definition of somatic dysfunction.

PBL does not do cadaver lab....it's virtual cadaver lab and practicals are done by throwing up slides with tagged structures which you must ID and then there's a one-on-one with a faculty member in a room where they basically pimp you on 10 things.....might be all about the esophagus (innervation, lymphatic drainage, arterial/venous supply, where it enters the diaphragm, etc., or the upper extremity, or the sacral nerves, etc.

All other pathways do cadaver lab. Their practicals are on tagged structures on a cadaver, then they have a one-on-one pimp session with an anatomy professor as well.

-at least that's how they did gross 2 years ago. I'm not sure how they're going to do this with COVID precautions.

At the Erie campus, all 3 pathways and the PHCS students have the same curricula for the first 13 weeks: Gross, Embryo, Histo, and a little bit of OMM...but it's like super simple OMM so don't sweat that. The only thing even remotely challenging about OMM first semester is memorizing all the historical dates, AT Still biographical data, and the verbatim definition of somatic dysfunction.

PBL does not do cadaver lab....it's virtual cadaver lab and practicals are done by throwing up slides with tagged structures which you must ID and then there's a one-on-one with a faculty member in a room where they basically pimp you on 10 things.....might be all about the esophagus (innervation, lymphatic drainage, arterial/venous supply, where it enters the diaphragm, etc., or the upper extremity, or the sacral nerves, etc.

All other pathways do cadaver lab. Their practicals are on tagged structures on a cadaver, then they have a one-on-one pimp session with an anatomy professor as well.

-at least that's how they did gross 2 years ago. I'm not sure how they're going to do this with COVID precautions.
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated