Lecom post-bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LECOM didn't reserve enough seats the year I did post-bac, but most people who were initially waitlisted did get in (just not right away). The more I think about it, the number of people who got in was higher since some went caribbean - I would say more like 90%. The few that I know for sure did not get in last year either got in this year or found out they really didn't want to go into medicine at all.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also a former LECOM post-bacc. I just finished in spring '09 and much of our class did not get in to LECOM either, but for different reasons. For the most part if you had a 3.0 in the program, and a 22 MCAT, you got in. The exceptions were those people who waited until March or some even April to submit secondaries. My advice to all the upcoming post-baccs. is to get your apps. completed as early as possible. It is possible that if your application is done, LECOM will interview you as early as November (Even without your first semester of grades)!

So basically: 1. Get a 22 MCAT
2. Get at least a 3.0
3. Get your application done ASAP!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone and congrats to those accepted to the postbac program. Does anyone know when the postbac schedule will come out?

Anybody know how to update aacomas application with post bac stuff. I have already completed my primary app and it has been verified and sent to schools. But that was done before I was accepted into the post bac program. I should probably just call aacomas to find out.

Anybody know how to update aacomas application with post bac stuff. I have already completed my primary app and it has been verified and sent to schools. But that was done before I was accepted into the post bac program. I should probably just call aacomas to find out.

You can try to update your app but generally since the grades for first semester do not come out until january it is just easier to have LECOM forward your grades to the schools you apply to (since it takes a while to have AACOMAS process the new grades anyway).

I guess I'll answer my own question:

It was just posted on the online portal.:laugh:

Thanks for pointing that out...for the life of me I could not find the schedules link on the left hand side, but luckily I saw it right before I looked stupid posting that I couldnt find it.

So do we not have anything scheduled for the 8th? or maybe thats also an orientation day...in general schedule looks a little different from past ones that I've seen

Does anyone know when the roommate list is being sent out?

so turns out ive been miraculously accepted into NYCOM for this year! Did not expect that, but quite happy

So I will thus not be attending LECOM...good luck guys:D

Stupid question here...and one that I'm certain has been answered before. I was gonna submit my AACOMAS today...until I realized that I probably need to include the postbac program in my coursework, at least as a course I'm going to be taking this year.

So...like I said, stupid question...but did everyone else include the postbac program as part of this year's AACOMAS?

Yes, no, maybe so...and why or why not???

Thanks,

OlyWA

Hi everyone,

I am stuill currently awaiting a decision for the Post bac program in LECOM. My focus is Pharmacy and would like to know if there are any Post bac pre-pharmacy students like myself, and if anyone still is awaiting a decision. Please respond in any?!?!:xf:

I just talked to the coordinator and he said that there are still "some" spots left. He also said that in a week the decisions would be made and sent out. I got my application in at the very end, so I'm still waiting to hear back. Good luck everyone who is still waiting! Hope to see you guys next month.

Thanks for the response I hope he meant by this week, because I am patiently waiting! By the way is anyone in the Pharmacy post bac program going to LECOM this fall??? :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my application status and it says:

" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

So maybe you are right, probably we will receive letters around the end of the week. But that is just my assumption...

I'm waiting to here back from tom as well...looking at landmark square apartments anyone had any experience with them if so please share...also will be relocating heard some parts of erie are not on good side of town what about where this complex is located?

Hey WannabeeDO, do you think it is wise to go ahead and start looking for apartments even though we haven't heard from tom yet, if so maybe I should start searching now! Also are there any Pre-Pharm post bac students starting this fall, please hit me up, thanks:)

whats going on guys, just got accepeted into the post bac for DOs. I am looking for a roomate...anyone down?

Last edited:
If you all don't mind, can some of you all share your GPA stats (accepted students to Post bacc) and if there are any Pre-pharm please share your PCAT scores, thanks

Hey WannabeeDO, do you think it is wise to go ahead and start looking for apartments even though we haven't heard from tom yet, if so maybe I should start searching now! Also are there any Pre-Pharm post bac students starting this fall, please hit me up, thanks:)

I think its a very good idea that way when school starts you'll have a place to live, especially if you're not from there and most apartment complexes have only larger sized apartments available or even a waitlist...believe me I have checked. At least let them run a credit check, don't send the deposit till you've heard from LECOM though cause you can't get that back with most places.

Just got the book list today via email, just wondering if I should buy now or wait til classes start. Any thoughts?

Hey guys,

Is anyone still looking for a roommate/apartment? Private message me if interested. Thank you.

Just got the book list today via email, just wondering if I should buy now or wait til classes start. Any thoughts?

I did not receive a book list in email. Could someone please share. And does anyone know anything about LECOM email?

Last edited:
I did not receive a book list in email. Could someone please share. And does anyone know anything about LECOM email?

Book list: http://www.my.lecom.edu/pbac1.pdf

The email had a book list, updated roommate list and orientation details. I can email you orientation details if you want.

Also, if anyone still looking for a roommate let me know. Thanks.

I checked the portal this morning and it said a decision had been reached and i should recieve a letter in 30 DAYS is that good or bad...did everyone get an offical letter in the mail?

Also, several apartment complexes have told me that the post bac class location is not at the main lecom campus is that true?

I checked the portal this morning and it said a decision had been reached and i should recieve a letter in 30 DAYS is that good or bad...did everyone get an offical letter in the mail?

Also, several apartment complexes have told me that the post bac class location is not at the main lecom campus is that true?
Yes, it is not at the main campus

I got the same msg on the portal when I applied and got an acceptance letter a week or so later. Good luck:luck:

Anyone applied for the 2010 class? I'm planning on re-taking the MCATs in august..if anyone did apply what stats are you applying with?

There is a thread started already, something to the effect of "LECOM POSTBAC 2010/2011 Applicant class". If you scroll down the page you should find it. I dont think people have elaborated much on thier stats, but I was accepted with sub 3.0 and 28 MCAT. I think if you are pretty close to thier cutoffs you will be in the mix, though I would get my stuff in soon just to be safe! Good luck!

For Erie medical student housing with low monthly rates & no lease:

Inn at Presque Isle
2930 West 6th Street & Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
Phone: 814-868-1961

Please state you are a "medical student" and request medical student monthy rates

Details:
$400 per month for 1-BR with all utilities, phone, cable TV, wireless internet, housekeeping, snow removal, coffee, microwave, fridge, heated pool, volleyball court, quiet, located at the entrance to Presque State Park & Peninsula, walking distance to # restaurants, ... etc.. Also, suites with full kitchens and 2-BRs available. Please ask for "Chris" and say you are a medical student and request student monthly rates.

No roomates needed with these low monthly student rates!

For Erie medical student housing with low monthly rates & no lease:

Inn at Presque Isle
2930 West 6th Street & Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
Phone: 814-868-1961

Please state you are a "medical student" and request medical student monthy rates

Details:
$400 per month for 1-BR with all utilities, phone, cable TV, wireless internet, housekeeping, snow removal, coffee, microwave, fridge, heated pool, volleyball court, quiet, located at the entrance to Presque State Park & Peninsula, walking distance to # restaurants, ... etc.. Also, suites with full kitchens and 2-BRs available. Please ask for "Chris" and say you are a medical student and request student monthly rates.

Is the post bacc for students that haven't taken all the pre-reqs or academic enhancement? Also can former or current students verify that a 3.0 and I think around a 27 MCAT will get you in your preferred
grad program after the post bacc? I have pretty low stats..2.9 GPA and 21 MCAT, do I have a good chance at getting in the post bac?

I'd post in the other LECOM thread for 2010 as someone reactivated this one from last year. I'll post my answer to your questions there