Less than 1 year out, What to do? (No Anki Help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YankeesfanZF5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in my system blocks at the moment and I have excelled so far in medical school. Unfortunately, we still do grades but that has been fine for me. My GPA is solid (as if that matters) I took a CBSE after we finished a 1/3rd of our curriculum and received a 150. Fortunately, we still have a bit to go. I will be taking step 1 the end of January 2021. My concerns are that I don't use Anki. I have been attending class, making outlines for that week's quiz, watching Pathoma and Boards and Beyond for that respective block. Additionally, I do practice problems (Kaplan and Board Vitals) in each block until I finish them all. I have found I learn well from questions. I have the AnKing deck ready to go but I'm not sure I will be able to get through it all before dedicated. With the method I am doing right now is it possible to get a 240+? What are some things you guys who have done this before would reccomend? My concern is "If it isn't broke don't fix it" mentality I have. Moveover, I am still living life, hanging out with friends, and working out. Should I change my ways? It's really stressing me out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Just use bits of AnKing deck and do mostly questions. I also suggest doing BnB and annotating directly in FA.

For example,
I did sketchy + pepper micro and pharm decks in the summer/block 5
Then I started Lolnotacop micro + Zanki pharm from block 6 and on. I also started Zanki bchem during this time.
Lastly I did Duke's pathoma deck from the start of block 7 on.

I finished all 4 of these anki decks by dedicated and have such a nice foundation to build on.
Apart from anki, prior dedicated I did Boards and Beyond annotating directly in FA, as I was doing Rx questions (got to like 1700 total).

So I am at the start of dedicated now, and I'll just continue my anki reviews and hammer out UW (80-100 questions per day).

Reactions: 1 users
Just use bits of AnKing deck and do mostly questions. I also suggest doing BnB and annotating directly in FA.

For example,
I did sketchy + pepper micro and pharm decks in the summer/block 5
Then I started Lolnotacop micro + Zanki pharm from block 6 and on. I also started Zanki bchem during this time.
Lastly I did Duke's pathoma deck from the start of block 7 on.

I finished all 4 of these anki decks by dedicated and have such a nice foundation to build on.
Apart from anki, prior dedicated I did Boards and Beyond annotating directly in FA, as I was doing Rx questions (got to like 1700 total).

So I am at the start of dedicated now, and I'll just continue my anki reviews and hammer out UW (80-100 questions per day).
I think I'm going to use it purely for pharm and micro and then hammer questions. Thanks for the advice! Might follow anking during blocks for extra help.