Lesser Known Loupe Brands?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aquafresh123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on a tight budget and I'm looking to spend below $900 for loupes. Can anymore recommend any loupe companies that are lesser known but still have reliable products?
Also I'm looking for a company that sells cheap light too.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Q Optic is trying to compete with more established brands. I think they were a little cheaper too. I don't ever recommend anything below 3.5x and you can't find a decent 3.5x mag without dishing out $1400 w/o light. Unfortunately, mags 3.5x or above require a light. 2.5x is almost no better than me just crouching down and looking at the tooth. All it does is save your back. It's not worth it in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lumadent as some under $500 with student discount. I'll let you know in a few days.

When we purchase loupes from one company but say we want to buy the light from a different company, how do we ensure that the light is able to be mounted on the loupes from a different company?

All third party light manufacturers will have different mount options available. They will ask you what kind of loupes and frames you have so they can get you the right one.

Can someone recommend some third party companies that sell inexpensive LED headlights?

Ok, I got the metlite loupes in and Im satisfied with them. Took some time to adjust but it works. I do recommend them for the cash. Going to save up for TTL 3.5 efv on oldschool frame with light.

Paid $744 for lumadent loupes ($445) and light ($300). They feel solid in my hands. The mag is said to be 3.3x, my friend that has used 2.5's for a while said they feel like they're at least 3, maybe 3.3. I haven't used them in preclinic yet. They're comfortable to wear and not too heavy.