Let's have fun: Score predictions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's hear your score predictions and why you think you will manage the score. Try to keep ranges at a maximum of 2 points. Rank them in order from best to worst.

VR=10-12 PS=9-11 BS=6-8

Composite: 25-31

I ranked VR highest because I always score high on verbal stuff, and have been getting 12-14 on the practice exams. Physical science I ranked next, with a range of 9-11, because for some reason I get the majority of stuff right and I haven't even picked up a PS book yet. I didn't rank it any higher, though, because I'm currently clueless on the calculations. Biological I ranked last because I get bored reading the passages and miss a lot of questions.

Let's keep this thread alive for a bit and check back in October. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

JKDMed said:
Let's hear your score predictions and why you think you will manage the score. Try to keep ranges at a maximum of 2 points. Rank them in order from best to worst.

VR=10-12 PS=9-11 BS=6-8

Composite: 25-31

I ranked VR highest because I always score high on verbal stuff, and have been getting 12-14 on the practice exams. Physical science I ranked next, with a range of 9-11, because for some reason I get the majority of stuff right and I haven't even picked up a PS book yet. I didn't rank it any higher, though, because I'm currently clueless on the calculations. Biological I ranked last because I get bored reading the passages and miss a lot of questions.

Let's keep this thread alive for a bit and check back in October. :eek:

haven't you already taken the damn test? wtf?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who the hell is that chick? WOW!!!! Anyways, my prediction:

PS: 10-12, VR:8-10, BS:8-10; total:26-30

And this is because I gave 9 practice exams and this was my average every time.

PS - 9-10
VR - 10-12
BS - 10-11

Composite: 29-33. If it's anywhere above a 30 I will go absolutely nuts... :) If its above 31 I will strongly, strongly believe in miracles of God; I mean I already do but I will big time from then on :D

For real. We'll have to update our predictions then. :) Oddly enough though on all my aamc tests I never did predict correctly how I did. Like if I thought I bombed physical I got the same 9 or random 10 I always did...If I thought I rocked bio or failed it I still got an 11. Same with verbal. Weird.

Raggaman said:
Who the hell is that chick? WOW!!!! Anyways, my prediction:

PS: 10-12, VR:8-10, BS:8-10; total:26-30

And this is because I gave 9 practice exams and this was my average every time.

Avatar chick reminds me of Alizee.

--Vinoy

I'm hoping to break 30. Hopefully 10, 10, 10 if not better. I got 11, 10, 12 on 7 and if I got this score again I'd go nuts!

I think the avatar looks like Posh spice / Victoria Beckam.... Now that's a blast from the past!

Members don't see this ad :)
PS 15
BS 15
VR 15

Aim high right?

But more realistically, I would love a 11-12 on each section giving me 33-36.

PS 10-12
VR 10-12
BS 10-12
31-35? hope I'm not jinxing myself :scared:

i've already taken it before, twice. i was a little too anxious sophomore year. and i wasn't sure what i wanted to do. but even the second time was 3 years ago. so i need to take it again.

1st time
V P B
8 11 9 P

2nd time
V P B
10 9 9 P

this time i'm looking to at least break 30. been averaging 33-36 and getting 11-12's in each section on all the AAMC and several old kaplan practice tests, so i'm hopeful. haven't touched writing though. hopefully i can wing something.

wow...i can't do this....and everyone's high score predictions are making me sick, not because i don't want you to get them...but why don't i feel so confident? And i usually do well on standardized tests. :(

PS: 10-12
VR: 9-11
BS: 11-13

anywhere from a 30-36. This is pretty much based on my averages. I'll be thrilled as long as I get 30 or more.

lol, I'm thinking the EXACT same thing psychodoctor
All these ppl talking about 13s and 14s is freaking me out. But I just keep telling myself this isn't IT, there will be more chances if I mess up

Do you not feel confident because of scores on practice tests or just because you keep thinking that when the time comes, you'll fall short?
because I've found that I often tend to think that, but when it comes down to it, I manage to pull myself together and do as well or better than I'd expected, and you will too

I think it's a combination of everything. My practice tests steadily went up but now hearing everyone else's i wish i had done considerably better when i took mine, and maybe if i had waited to take some this week, maybe they would have been higher, i don't know.

In addition i'm afraid i'll screw up the first section for some reason and that will set the stage for the rest of the day. I'm not usually nervous on exams and am usually pretty confident as long as i can physicallymake it thru an exam...i'm known for pulling multiple all-nighters before a big exam.

And i think hearing everyon else's high predictions makes me realize my competition.

Guys, I promise you SDN isn't a good picture of your competition. SDN'ers really are the best and brightest. It's hard not to be a regular here for the past couple months and not feel like crap, unless you're one of those lucky gifted individuals who can consistently score in the high 30s+. I encourage everyone who feels crappy in comparison to some SDN'ers to check out EK's forums, or the aamc websites mcat forums. Also, I encourage you to look at the medical schools you plan to apply to. Look at your state schools. Get an MSAR from the library and check it out. What's the average mcat scores for those schools? Willing to bet it's a 30-32, with the exception of some reach-y top 10 schools. You can't go into Saturday thinking your practice test scores suck when they don't. Get it in perspective guys. :)

bella_dottoressa said:
Guys, I promise you SDN isn't a good picture of your competition. SDN'ers really are the best and brightest. It's hard not to be a regular here for the past couple months and not feel like crap, unless you're one of those lucky gifted individuals who can consistently score in the high 30s+. I encourage everyone who feels crappy in comparison to some SDN'ers to check out EK's forums, or the aamc websites mcat forums. Also, I encourage you to look at the medical schools you plan to apply to. Look at your state schools. Get an MSAR from the library and check it out. What's the average mcat scores for those schools? Willing to bet it's a 30-32, with the exception of some reach-y top 10 schools. You can't go into Saturday thinking your practice test scores suck when they don't. Get it in perspective guys. :)

I feel like cheering! That was very assertive and much needed :love:

SDN is COMPLETELY misrepresentative! The average MCAT scoreis about a 25... so put it this way, if you get above a 25, you did ABOVE AVERAGE! Personally, I am probably one of the lowest scoring regulars here (I ended up with approx. 30 on my last few AAMC's), but thats still very good! If your scoring anything decent, give yourself a pat on the back and hope for the best. If you studeid hard, theres really not much else you can do. Sure, theres still that extra bit that you will feel like you don't know, or that test you haven't fully reviewed.... but put it this way: approx. half of all MCAT takers will score below 25.....

JKDMed said:
My avatar is some french chick. I think it's Alizee.

I hope you realize just how relevant this post is to the thread.

Attachments

• alizeemcat.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 181
UseUrHeadFred said:
I hope you realize just how relevant this post is to the thread.

It's probably more useful :laugh:

You guys who are getting nervous - if someone can psych you out by being confident, then don't read score prediction threads. Don't leave one of your weaknesses open. I'm not saying that anyone is trying to crush your confidence, but there's a chance someone will on the day of the test, so start now and put your mind in the best place for the test both pre-test and the day of.

Here are my slightly arrogant predictions.. but arrogance is the best way to go into the MCAT, right?

PS=12-13
BS=13
VS=11-12
Written=Q

geckoUBC said:
Here are my slightly arrogant predictions.. but arrogance is the best way to go into the MCAT, right?

PS=12-13
BS=13
VS=11-12
Written=Q

DAMN MAN! You're predicting a Q for writing!? YOU"RE NUTS..

ps 10-12
vr 11-12
bio 10-12
predicting a 31-36 dreaming of a 40

..ooh ooh oo ...yay its chinese food time ..

DieselPetrolGrl said:
ps 10-12
vr 11-12
bio 10-12
predicting a 31-36 dreaming of a 40

..ooh ooh oo ...yay its chinese food time ..

if your dreaming, might as well dream for a 45T no?

OKEY * CHANGES DREAM CHANNEL TO 45*!

i am getting antisocial
i want to bark at people

Im hoping for
VR-6
Bio-7
Phys-7

Haha- just thought I would balance out expectations since some doucebags on here are talking about geting 35s. C'mon...

26-29

-------------------
My cat's breath smells like cat food - Ralph Wiggums

In April I did the best in Verbal with 11. I'm hoping to increase that. I am REALLY hoping to increase my BS and PS scores... ouch. Realistically, I hope to get a 30.

I made a 32 two days ago on AAMC 6R, and everyone seems to think that it is a good indicator of actual MCAT performance. Thus, my predictions for Saturday:

Physical Sciences: 10-12
Verbal Reasoning: 9-11
Biological Sciences: 10-12
Writing: P-R

Total: 29-35 P-R (hoping it's closer to 35!)

Just remember guys, FINISH every section. If one question looks confusing, and you don't know how to solve it after a minute or two, guess and move on. There might be easy questions at the end that you won't even get to if you spend too much time on the hard one. Besides, it might be part of an experimental passage and not count anyway. You don't have to get every question right to get a great score, but you can't get a great score if you don't even get to attempt a couple of passages.

Heh...I'll bite...
PS - 10-11
VS- 10-11
BS - 10-11
Writing - does it even matter?

I'll be ecstatic if I get a 30 or above.

After taking the mcat a year and a half ago (april '03) and not getting in (with a 26O) I have been studying hard. I Anticipate:

PS 10-12
VR 9-11
BS 10-12

I have done as high as 33 on practice exams (PT#7-yesterday). Hopefully I can reproduce that on the real thing.

what do you need to get into most US med schools..that's what actually matters...

I don't know, I've only taken the 3R and have no idea how well I can really answer the questions.

I figure I'll do well in VR (have done a few EK practices there). I high score there to offset any other weaknesses would be nice.