Let's talk physio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corticophile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I'm facing a bit of a dilemma on what to take next semester.

What's set in stone is I'll be taking microbiology, biochem 2, sign language 3, and 3 credits to work on my thesis. I'll also be taking the TBR prep course because I cannot keep my head straight with all the MCAT stuff and I'm extremely weak in C/P (121 on NS diagnostic...)

Anyways, I've come to a crossroads on what to do with physiology. I currently have it in my schedule, and I hear it is important in order to do *extremely* well on B/B, but not necessary to do well. If I don't take physio, I would take research methods which is known to be extremely easy at my school. Physio is not known to be impossible, really just more the lab is apparently a pain, but I want to hear from people who have actually taken physio as well as the MCAT (bonus points if you have familiarity with TBR) to tell me if it's important to do physio here or if I should just lighten up and take research methods.

I'm planning on taking MCAT probably in April and applying next cycle. GPA is 3.7x and sGPA is 3.6, if that matters. I'm at the point in credit hours where a single grade isn't going to have much of an effect on my GPA. I've taken the intro bios as well as biochem 1 and genetics. I will be taking physio next semester if I don't take it this semester (need to graduate). Outside of this stuff, I really just need some upper level bios to graduate.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.