Letter in prestigious journal versus manuscript in another

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigman99821

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted a manuscript for a prestigious journal which got rejected but they offered if it was revised as an letter they may publish it . The manuscript is valued more than the letter but more but putting your name in a prestigious journal is valued too. Any Advice ?

Members don't see this ad.

See if their letters are individually PubMed indexed (they prob are). If so, you have the offer, I'd take it. Reformatting for other journals is frustrating, if your foot is in the door with what you consider prestigious, take the acceptance as a letter.

Reactions: 1 user
They gave you an invitation to publish in their journal. In better journals its
Acceptance > acceptance with minor revision > acceptance with major revision > rejection. That is overly simplified but it sounds they accepted it as a major revision.

Reactions: 1 user
See if their letters are individually PubMed indexed (they prob are). If so, you have the offer, I'd take it. Reformatting for other journals is frustrating, if your foot is in the door with what you consider prestigious, take the acceptance as a letter.
I chose the letter I hope they publish it after revision ! Thank you all

Posted using SDN Mobile