Letter of Rec due date question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeybridge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've browsed a number of threads on this topic, but for some reason am still confused (it's probably just me...) buuuut I was wondering when exactly the letters are due. Do we send them to the schools before receiving the secondary (so they are required as part of the primary), or are they due with the secondaries?

I ask because I'm still waiting on one of my letter writers. He has been hard to reach, but I have enough letters, so I am tempted to just send the rest of them along. My AMCAS hasn't been verified yet, but I'm guessing it'll be verified this week...

I appreciate any answers and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You need the contact info for the committee letter/LORs for the primary. However, they only need to be in AFTER you submit secondaries in order to be considered for an interview. You don't need them til you've submitted secondaries.

Basically, your secondary app will not be marked complete until you have your letters submitted and delivered at almost every school. I think I got one interview from a school that doesn't need your letters first.

ahh, this makes sense. thank you! so basically, we can still get secondaries without all the letters in.