Letter of Recommendation on AADSAS?...HMMzz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imazergling

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
soo

on AADSAS appication, we can update up to 4 letters (which I will do). Some (or most) schools actually require only 2 or 3 letters usually. I'm updating 4 for those schools that actually require 4. Once the 4 letters have been updated, how can I decide which two or three of the letters I want to use for every school? Or do the schools randomly select two/three of the 4 letters and decide to use them to evaluate me?

Can someone give me an answer to these questions :3 LOVE YO FACES.

Members don't see this ad.

The schools will see all four letters you upload.

Since you're discussing LOE's, does anyone know if there is a way to add them for the next application cycle. Currently wait listed but don't care to just hope for the best. I know AADSAS doesn't carry them over but I want to get my application processed as fast as possible to be in the first batch sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you're discussing LOE's, does anyone know if there is a way to add them for the next application cycle. Currently wait listed but don't care to just hope for the best. I know AADSAS doesn't carry them over but I want to get my application processed as fast as possible to be in the first batch sent out.

as far as i can tell, no. the aadsas website is horribly confusing.
i believe nothing can be pre-entered or added until it opens again on 6/3. which basically screws over all the people who plan ahead and have their info together.

I really don't know anything about it but people always talk about interfolio, I think your professors can upload their letters to this before addsas opens and then you can submit them as soon as you start your ap. I have no idea if this is actually what goes down but you may want to search the forums for interfolio.

I really don't know anything about it but people always talk about interfolio, I think your professors can upload their letters to this before addsas opens and then you can submit them as soon as you start your ap. I have no idea if this is actually what goes down but you may want to search the forums for interfolio.
Thanks for the info Hawkteeth. I'm checking out interfolio now to see if it will help.

The schools will see all four letters you upload.

so ur telling me that schools that require 2/3 letters will have access/will read all 4 letters if I submit 4 on AADSAS?

I have a related question that I don't think is worth making a new thread for: all of my letters have been compiled by my pre health advisor, but I'm not going through the interview process with them (post bacc student, not offered this option). Can those letters, which I've not seen and are confidential, be sent to AADSAS in one bundle from the pre-health advisory office?

so ur telling me that schools that require 2/3 letters will have access/will read all 4 letters if I submit 4 on AADSAS?

Yes. One of my interviewers had my file on his desk a foot away from me, and all four of my letters were printed out along with my app in that manila folder. Your application is your application, be it with 2,3 or 4 letters. It's all printed and looked at.

I had interfolio send me this. It is the information specifically for AADSAS.

AADSAS receives documents via our electronic receiver position. To expedite ADEA AADSAS's processing of your delivery, you may want to include the matching AADSAS Letter of Evaluation forms for each letter you send. Here are the steps you need to complete an electronic delivery to AADSAS:

1. Log into your AADSAS application and indicate that you will send your documents by paper delivery. This is important because of the way AADSAS processes documents sent from Interfolio's electronic delivery process.

2. Log into your Interfolio account. Navigate to your Account Settings and check the ID section. Make sure that you have the correct matching AADSAS Letter of Evaluation form.

3. In step 1 of the delivery process, type "AADSAS" and select the option that pops up. Create a delivery to AADSAS that includes all of the documents that you wish to send. Make sure to include the matching Letter of Evaluation form along with your letter. You must do this in order for AADSAS to process your delivery.

4. Finalize your delivery and check out. Keep in mind, it will take 7 to 10 business days for AADSAS to process your documents into your application.

NOTE: AADSAS will only accept 4 letters through its centralized letters service. If you send AADSAS more than 4 letters, the extra 2 letters will be discarded. If you wish to send more than 4 letters to your schools, please contact the schools directly. Each school will have its own policy about extra letters. If a school indicates that they will accept an extra letter, you may send it to that school using Interfolio.

can we upload more than 4 letters of recommendation?

can we upload more than 4 letters of recommendation?

No, so choose wisely if you have asked for more than that. Due to different requirements from each school I suggest two science professors, one dentist and one non-science professor.