Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elzyata

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with my LORs. I asked the DPM I was shadowing to write an LOR for me, and she misspelled both my first and last name in the application, she also wrote in LOR wrong name for my undergraduate college. I don't know what happened. Maybe my name was hard to write as unusual, and she forgot the University where I study. I asked her associate, also DPM, to write me another LOR with the correct information. Would it have a bad effect on my application?

Also, as far as science faculty members LORs. I took in 4 year college only Organic Chem from sciences. I am a Math major student, and it is not considered as a science. The other prereqs I took in Community College. I asked one professor to write a LOR for me, but the other one told me that he does not remember me ( It was a really big class). Should I get a letter from Community College, or I can get one from Math professors, or Academic Advisor? Maybe I should call Admissions office to clarify?

At least I have one very strong LOR from the Home Care Agency where I've done volunteering.

Advise please!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a problem with my LORs. I asked the DPM I was shadowing to write an LOR for me, and she misspelled both my first and last name in the application, she also wrote in LOR wrong name for my undergraduate college. I don't know what happened. Maybe my name was hard to write as unusual, and she forgot the University where I study. I asked her associate, also DPM, to write me another LOR with the correct information. Would it have a bad effect on my application?

Also, as far as science faculty members LORs. I took in 4 year college only Organic Chem from sciences. I am a Math major student, and it is not considered as a science. The other prereqs I took in Community College. I asked one professor to write a LOR for me, but the other one told me that he does not remember me ( It was a really big class). Should I get a letter from Community College, or I can get one from Math professors, or Academic Advisor? Maybe I should call Admissions office to clarify?

At least I have one very strong LOR from the Home Care Agency where I've done volunteering.

Advise please!

Your best bet on the science faculty LORs is to call the admissions offices of the schools you're applying to and ask them about it directly. Who knows, they might be a bit flexible on the subject.

As far as the DPMs, I'd politely ask them to re-write the letters with your name and school name corrected. It could look bad if they are endorsing you but don't even know your name. They got through podiatry school, so they should be able to figure out how to spell correctly!