Program-Specific Info / Q's Lewis University 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peds_OT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I thought it would be good to post a thread for those who have applied to Lewis University for their MOT. Has anyone heard back? How do you guys feel about it being non-accredited? I'm a bit nervous about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied but I already got accepted to another school and plan on going there instead. So that could possibly free up a spot! I was a little worried about it being non-accredited too. I like to know the board pass rates of the schools, and since its a brand new program it's all up in the air. I honestly only applied for using Lewis as a backup school...

Hi all, I thought it would be good to post a thread for those who have applied to Lewis University for their MOT. Has anyone heard back? How do you guys feel about it being non-accredited? I'm a bit nervous about it.
Heyy!! They told us we should hear back sometime in May, so we just have to wait a little longer. As far as accreditation, I honestly don't feel like the program will have any problems. The faculty members seem great with a lot of experience.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied but I already got accepted to another school and plan on going there instead. So that could possibly free up a spot! I was a little worried about it being non-accredited too. I like to know the board pass rates of the schools, and since its a brand new program it's all up in the air. I honestly only applied for using Lewis as a backup school...
Congrats on your acceptance! Did you tell Lewis that you decided to go with another school?

I got an email yesterday saying that they will get back to us late next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Would you mind sharing your stats?
Sure!
College: Elmhurst College
Major: Exercise Science Minor: psychology
GPA: 3.55
GRE: 148 Q, 154 V, 4.0 AW
Extracurriculars: Psi Chi, Pi Gamma mu, Honors Program member, Philharmonic orchestra, church orchestra,
Volunteer: Volunteering at the nursery at my church for 10 years
Observation: 150 hours: 100 pediatric, 30 geriatric, 8 hospital, 12 alternative (adapted water skiing)
Interviews: Elmhurst, Midwestern, North Central, Rush (turned down rush interview because they wanted an additional 40$ to interview there)
Acceptances: Lewis and North Central
Waitlisted: Elmhurst, Midwestern
Rejected: UIC

Congrats! I’m crossing my fingers for this school. I hope they contact me next week.
I'm sure they will contact you soon! We had to have our deposit turned in by May 9th, so maybe after tomorrow they will start getting back to people!

I'm sure they will contact you soon! We had to have our deposit turned in by May 9th, so maybe after tomorrow they will start getting back to people!
Thanks! I hope so too. Which school are you going to pick? I still haven’t put my deposit down at north central yet.

Thanks! I hope so too. Which school are you going to pick? I still haven’t put my deposit down at north central yet.
I am not completely sure yet, I am leaning towards Lewis, but I still have not put my deposit down yet for North Central.

I was accepted here but declined, so there will be at least one more spot!

Reactions: 1 user