Liability Reform bill in teh (sic) Hizzouse.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You could always just email the ACEP guy referenced... although it's not my fault if you get roped into a committee!

Reactions: 1 user
Like the premise... It would do remarkable good to the healthcare "safety net." However... this has been floated before and the term "when pigs fly" comes to mind. Perhaps if we had a few more (like 100) physicians in congress.

Members don't see this ad :)
About the only way we will get national tort reform is if the Republicans hold the house, increase their margin in the Senate, and Dr. Ben Carson is the next president.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Republican answer, "this is a state issue." Democrat answer, "what about patients right to trial." This piece of meat gets floated on yearly basis, prob. to appease us, but never goes anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't hold my breath. Republican answer, "this is a state issue." Democrat answer, "what about patients right to trial." This piece of meat gets floated on yearly basis, prob. to appease us, but never goes anywhere.

Well not to be a negative Nancy, but tort reform IS a state issue. There would be nothing constitutional about the Federal government enacting national tort reform that superceded the rights of states to make their own policy. If you're not happy with the malpractice environment in your current state, then move to Texas, or Indiana.