licensing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashley12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm doing a project on podiatry, and I'm trying to find the various state requirements for obtaining a license in podiatry. Specificicly, which States require how ever many years of residency and what happens after residency. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I'm doing a project on podiatry, and I'm trying to find the various state requirements for obtaining a license in podiatry. Specificicly, which States require how ever many years of residency and what happens after residency. Thanks!

All states require that podiatrists do residency training. And since only two and three year surgical residency programs exist, you have to do at least two years. The majority of podiatrists now do 3 year surgical residencies. After, they go into private practice, hospital, multispecialty, or ortho groups.

I've heard a rumor that there is still a state out there that doesn't require any residency training but I'm not sure which one. Keep in mind that laws vary by state and all are worded a little different. But since only 2 and 3 year residencies exist, it all boils down to the same thing.

I've heard a rumor that there is still a state out there that doesn't require any residency training but I'm not sure which one. Keep in mind that laws vary by state and all are worded a little different. But since only 2 and 3 year residencies exist, it all boils down to the same thing.

That is the state of hawai.