Licensure Fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Just got my licensure renewal letters. First state where I primarily work (MA) is $270 every 2 years, requiring 20 CEUs. Second state (CT) is $570 every year, requiring 10 CEUs (2 must be related to "veterans issues").

How do your fees compare.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
They actually said that they had to raise it a couple of years ago to pay for their legal fees. Their legal fees are high because their system and their administrative rules are pretty unwieldy and unreasonable and they have the attorney present for any decisions they need to make regarding applications for licensure. The attorney isn't motivated to resolve anything in a reasonable fashion either and has no problem creating extra hoops to justify more hearings and more delays in licensure. I had to get an LPC license so that I could work while I went through the process which ended up taking about 18 months. Some fixes were made after I went through this, but they still have a long way to go and a few changes were in the wrong direction such as dropping the National Register program.

They actually said that they had to raise it a couple of years ago to pay for their legal fees. Their legal fees are high because their system and their administrative rules are pretty unwieldy and unreasonable and they have the attorney present for any decisions they need to make regarding applications for licensure. The attorney isn't motivated to resolve anything in a reasonable fashion either and has no problem creating extra hoops to justify more hearings and more delays in licensure. I had to get an LPC license so that I could work while I went through the process which ended up taking about 18 months. Some fixes were made after I went through this, but they still have a long way to go and a few changes were in the wrong direction such as dropping the National Register program.
ouch. sounds like a real mess of a board. might I ask what state this is?

NC was 250 every 2 years for masters level. I suspect probably about the same for doc but I'm not 100% sure.

ouch. sounds like a real mess of a board. might I ask what state this is?

NC was 250 every 2 years for masters level. I suspect probably about the same for doc but I'm not 100% sure.

Yup, same for doctoral (just starting to look into this now!). $100 application fee, $250 for renewal. Not bad at all (though I'm obviously hoping my uni will recover renewal costs anyways). Downside is that you have to deal with the NC psychology board (which is also kind of a train wreck).