Lido/bupi/depo/triam all in stock here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobBarker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This place has stock of most of our necessities besides contrast. I buy stuff from here frequently. I have bought wheelchairs/bandaids/tape/4x4s. Most all of it was McKesson or Medline products once it arrived. The wheelchairs were large ones from Cardinal for $100 each. They were $450 chairs typically. Lots of good deals. So I would suggest looking around at everything they have.

But long story short they have bupivicaine, lidocaine, depo, and triamcinolone in stock.

Here is the link to the lidocaine.

RX LIDOCAINE PF INJECTION 1%, 30ML, SDV, Prescription: shopmedvet.com

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
They offer some unique treatment options for the more forward-thinking practices among us:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
They offer some unique treatment options for the more forward-thinking practices among us:

The only 100% effective cure for chronic pain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Related note: I am bringing spinal needles from my part time private office to do procedures at the hospital tomorrow as they are out of quincke needles. We have used both BD and Bard at the hospital. This is the first time they have ever had spinal needle supply issues.

This place has stock of most of our necessities besides contrast. I buy stuff from here frequently. I have bought wheelchairs/bandaids/tape/4x4s. Most all of it was McKesson or Medline products once it arrived. The wheelchairs were large ones from Cardinal for $100 each. They were $450 chairs typically. Lots of good deals. So I would suggest looking around at everything they have.

But long story short they have bupivicaine, lidocaine, depo, and triamcinolone in stock.

Bob need some contrast. Make it happen …

Medline has isovue available soon. This is just one example. About $1/ml. They have other sizes.

66100ADE-4D51-462B-92D9-A2CF938DFDD7.png

Reactions: 1 users
we cant get any 22g 3.5. running out of 23g 3.5 also.

i mean, we cant even make a g-damn needle? c'mon

Haven't had 25g 5" in forever. I'm running out of 25g 3.5 and I'm using 1 needle for a bilateral L4-S1 MBB.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I can get two or three in the same view reasonably centered, I place two or three needles and adjust both before taking another picture.

2 needles at a time. Total fluoro time for typical bilateral 2 level MBB is about 8 sec.

Unless their BMI is > 40.

25g 5” in stock

They also have 27g 3.5”. Never seen that before.Search: 7 results found for "Spinal needle*" • PHENTERSALES

A few of my radiology partners use 27g/3.5in spinal needles for myelograms. I think they're nuts. It's like driving a limp spaghetti noodle and then injecting contrast takes forever. I think a 25g/3.5in needle is a flex for myelographic work, much less the 27g. A good ol' BD 22g/3.5in needle is as good as gold.

That spinal needle crunch was super annoying. Was doing a bunch of myelo's with 25g/3.5in or 22g/5in needles.

@lobelsteve I do one side at a time and drive all of them on one side between each fluoro shot. You work for the hospital. You need to open more than one needle. This is saving the hospital $8 they will never notice and causing you extra radiation and lost time.

A few of my radiology partners use 27g/3.5in spinal needles for myelograms. I think they're nuts. It's like driving a limp spaghetti noodle and then injecting contrast takes forever. I think a 25g/3.5in needle is a flex for myelographic work, much less the 27g. A good ol' BD 22g/3.5in needle is as good as gold.

That spinal needle crunch was super annoying. Was doing a bunch of myelo's with 25g/3.5in or 22g/5in needles.
Do you all notice more PDPH with larger gauge? Though you likely wouldn't be aware due to lack of follow-up.

Do you all notice more PDPH with larger gauge? Though you likely wouldn't be aware due to lack of follow-up.

We do the blood patches for our PDPH's. Our team calls the patients at 5-7 days out to ask them if they got the headache and if it self-resolved. So we get the follow-up.

I don't do enough LP/myelos with the 25g to notice a big difference to the 22g. The 22g is standard in my group and is my personal preference.

Once you start talking about the 20g's and the 18g's, then the rates of PDPH definitely start going up.

We do the blood patches for our PDPH's. Our team calls the patients at 5-7 days out to ask them if they got the headache and if it self-resolved. So we get the follow-up.

I don't do enough LP/myelos with the 25g to notice a big difference to the 22g. The 22g is standard in my group and is my personal preference.

Once you start talking about the 20g's and the 18g's, then the rates of PDPH definitely start going up.
Quincke or pencil point?

I'll stick with my single 25g 3.5" needle technique. A lot faster placing needles without pushing blind. More comfort. Happy with outcomes.
What do you mean pushing blind? I do like the others, drop markers, start all, adjust all between shots. Nothing blind.

Have you tried pencil point? As you may be aware, literature shows significantly lower risk of PDPH with non-cutting needles.

Not a big fan of the pencil points. This may be naivety but I think good technique with a quincke minimizes the differences with pencil point.

The number 1 modifiable risk factor is needle size anyway.

im not getting what you mean by "pushing blind". are you doing your procedures under continuous fluoroscopy, wearing lead gloves or using an instrument to hold the needle while you advance? i agree it is a marginally faster technique, but increased radiation...

save your hand....

there is a local pain doc that uses continuous fluoro with lead gloves. doesnt like to collimate. had a stim case recently with 490 seconds fluoro time. apparently averages roughly 20 seconds for SIJ, 50 seconds for TFESI.

he has some pretty good rad numbers over the past 3 years.

probably helps that he keeps his rad badge always available at the nurses station in the hallway.

Nope, too old to change something that has been successful and not sure it saves me any time or radiation.
facepalm.

you've changed your practice multiple times over the years. i remember when you were gung ho on GRC blocks. you also went to 25g and CLO on CESI

here is the bilateral MBB technique: AP -- place the B L5 dorsal ramus needles x 2. go left lateral oblique. place the 2 left L3 and L4 mbb needles. go right lateral oblique, place the 2 right mbb needles. go back to AP and take a single shot.

yes, this saves you flouro time, but it also saves actual time

Has anyone ordered from here? Have you received your order? Any issues?

Never used more than 1 needle.
Never used more than 1 needle.
Soooooo much slower though.

Radiation x 6.

More saved images to flip through.

@lobelsteve I do one side at a time and drive all of them on one side between each fluoro shot. You work for the hospital. You need to open more than one needle. This is saving the hospital $8 they will never notice and causing you extra radiation and lost time.
agree with mitch and bob. You actually cost your hospital more money by not using multiple needles due to time lost and you save the patient and yourself a lot of radiation.

I do what bob does, in that I do one side at a time and drive all of them on one side between each fluoro shot.