Lightest/most comfortable radiation goggles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaseous_clay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you have suggestions on radiation safely glasses that are light weight and comfortable to wear all day?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how they stack up to others but I like the Nike Brazen that I have. I wear regular glasses and these don't feel that much worse.

Reactions: 1 user
I think these are the ones I had. Need to order myself a new pair. After 5 years, I dropped them and the nose piece broke. Can’t get the glue to hold them back together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of these require the head strap in order to remain on your face? That part is a pain.

IMG_8739.jpeg

I wear these Barrier Technologies glasses. They come in Asian fit.

I have the Oakley 5 squared from Barrier Technologies, about to replace them with Oakley Turbines after 6 years of use.

The 5s are a light frame and fit my narrow face well. I wear them with a head strap to balance the forward weight of the glass in the light weight sunglasses frame. Not noticeably heavy on the nose.

I just tried the Turbine frames for fit, didn’t have the glass in them.

I also use the Nike brazens and have been happy with them. I have had mine for 7 years now and they are still in good shape. I usually wear them about 4hrs at a time without issues.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I am currently at approximately 1/2 day of fluoro per week. I now need prescription glasses and have honestly debated about getting them. I am not sure how much risk there really is with my current case load, but will probably bite the bullet and get them.

my glasses are prescription and 18 years old... Somehow got the Allergan rep to buy them for us as a resident.

I do it mostly by feel now anyways... haha

Reactions: 1 user
Do you all have a vendor recommendation for prescription lead glasses?
I have prescription lead goggles from Wiley X. I've had them about 10 years I think; they are heavy but I just wear them around my neck until time to glove up

I've always really liked my Nike Mavericks, but the hospital just bought me some new Guccis (GG0758OA) which quickly became my favorite. Lightweight, simple, and comfortable.

I've always really liked my Nike Mavericks, but the hospital just bought me some new Guccis (GG0758OA) which quickly became my favorite. Lightweight, simple, and comfortable.
Looked these up. Vendors just sell the frames. Where can you get lead equiv lenses installed?