LIST of all masters POST-BACC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toxin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Georgetown SMP

Tulane

?

Members don't see this ad.

I've yet to come across a complete listing of special masters programs for med school admissions. New programs seem to pop up every so often (probably because of profitablity) . So here is the most complete list of SMP you can probably find:

BU Masters in Medical Science

Finch Masters of applied physiology

Indiana U. Masters of Physiology

Molecular and Cellular Biology Graduate Program at Tulane University

PCOM - Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (M.S.)

Tulane ACP

Drexel IMS program

Georgetown University

Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Newark Campus MSB Home

Midwestern University AZ-Biomed

NYMC - GSBMS - Admissions

Tulane Masters of Pharmacology

You're welcome

IMHO: BU and Finch are a total waste of cash...insanely expensive. BU does boast very impressive matriculation rates though, so if you happen to be "well heeled" I guess it's still a good option. Finch's program sounds more like a cash cow for milking suckers...but i could be wrong, they dont post matriculation rates.

thanks for the list..its great

is that basically the entire list or does anyone else know any other programs? and also, what are your opinions as to which one is the best, or top three I guess would be more viable, cheapest, worst!...etc

I know G'town is really good but i guess its quite competitive..

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out this link:
http://services.aamc.org/postbac/

AAMC keeps a list of all these programs. I just started loooking for Post-Bacc and special masters programs and found the site to be very helpful. It even tells you which programs are academic ehnancers, which are for career changers who have never taken the requisite science classes before, and which are for miniorities/underrepresented peeps.

Cheers,
Captjack

This is great I'll add a few more. This is mainly a list of 1 year master's programs as far as I know.

Arizona Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences

Barry Masters in Biomedical Sciences

Dartmouth Master of Science (M.S.) Program

Tulane ACP

Drexel IMS program

Georgetown University

You're welcome

IMHO: BU and Finch are a total waste of cash...insanely expensive. BU does boast very impressive matriculation rates though, so if you happen to be "well heeled" I guess it's still a good option. Finch's program sounds more like a cash cow for milking suckers...but i could be wrong, they dont post matriculation rates. [/B][/QUOTE]

Arizona Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences

Barry Masters in Biomedical Sciences

Dartmouth Master of Science (M.S.) Program

Tulane ACP

Drexel IMS program

Georgetown University

Colorado State University (M.S.) http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/bms/planB.htm

In order to receive a masters degree from the Drexel IMS program, you must complete the second year (aka the MMS-Master of Medical Science year). If you only do the IMS year, you receive a certificate of completion and your transcript lists the graduate level courses you took.

Can someone give me information about NYMC? I am applying there for PhD in Pharmacology. I would like to know if it is hard to get in the program. I'll appreciate any information. Thank you.