List of Schools that have handed out rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

personalstatementsbyeric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Arizona)
Midwestern Arizona
ASDOH

(California)
Loma Linda
UCSF

(Colorado)
Colorado

(Florida)
LECOM
Nova
U of F

(Illinois)
MWU-IL

(Michigan)
University of Michigan

(Missouri)
UMKC
MOSDOH

(New York)
University of Buffalo

(Nevada)
UNLV

(Oklahoma)
Oklahoma

(Tennessee)
Meharry

(Utah)
Roseman
Utah

Feel free to update!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
UMKC...I blindly applied there w/o fully reading their residency requirements, I'm Canadian.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Buffalo
University of Michigan

Members don't see this ad :)
It is analogous to rejection. Literally no one gets a "rejection" from that school.

Reactions: 1 users
It is analogous to rejection. Literally no one gets a "rejection" from that school.

It just means they passed on you for a interview for now. All schools do it, they are just one of those that tell you. I submitted a school early July and only just heard back this week. Basically they looked me over in the beggining and decided no then. Then later on they looked again and decided yes.

Essentially what buffalo is doing. There's people posting they got an interview later on after initially receiving that notice in the school specific threads.

Stop posting false information everywhere you go. This is the third time I've seen you do it. Are you that salty you haven't gotten an interview yet? It's not nice trying to discourage people posting false crap everywhere dude, it's not cool.

Reactions: 10 users
How are these schools handing out rejections? Snail mail, email, aadsas portal??

Reactions: 1 user
It just means they passed on you for a interview for now. All schools do it, they are just one of those that tell you. I submitted a school early July and only just heard back this week. Basically they looked me over in the beggining and decided no then. Then later on they looked again and decided yes.

Essentially what buffalo is doing. There's people posting they got an interview later on after initially receiving that notice in the school specific threads.

Stop posting false information everywhere you go. This is the third time I've seen you do it. Are you that salty you haven't gotten an interview yet? It's not nice trying to discourage people posting false crap everywhere dude, it's not cool.

You're correct. They even mentioned this false information spreading (regarding continuing review) in the interview lol.

I can vouch for Buffalo a little bit. I was placed on continuing review and I sent them and e-mail telling them about my new job as a dental assistant and telling them that they were one of my top schools. They replied and said I was still under review but thank you for the message and that they have updated my application. I don't think they would've responded to me if "continuing review" was an automatic rejection. But then again I could just be trying to be really optimistic.

I can vouch for Buffalo a little bit. I was placed on continuing review and I sent them and e-mail telling them about my new job as a dental assistant and telling them that they were one of my top schools. They replied and said I was still under review but thank you for the message and that they have updated my application. I don't think they would've responded to me if "continuing review" was an automatic rejection. But then again I could just be trying to be really optimistic.

Honestly, every school should do it like Buffalo. If you haven't heard back from a school, you're on 'continuing review' regardless. At least Buffalo gives you an update rather than nothing at all.

When did you complete and submit the secondary?

My application was complete August 2nd and I received the rejection via snail mail about a week ago (dated 10/07).

Someone correct me if I am wrong but haven't UCLA and UCSF already sent out rejections?

University of New England College of Medicine (they wrote that I did not meet their DAT taken by date Oct 3rd requirement) - notified by email
University of Michigan School of Dentistry (they wrote that my application was incomplete by their due date of Oct 15th aka my DAT was too late) - notified by email

Midwestern University - Arizona (Application complete on 10/07, deny interview e-mail on 10/11) ~ These guys were quick about throwing me out the window :(

Do most schools historically start giving rejections before 1.Dec? Or just some?

Got waitlisted at UPENN and had a 3.8 and a 21, I would think they would give some love to a URM. Guess being from northwestern wasn't good enough for them.

Got waitlisted at UPENN and had a 3.8 and a 21, I would think they would give some love to a URM. Guess being from northwestern wasn't good enough for them.
When did you submit and such?

There's more to getting into dental school than being a good student, even if you went to a prestigious undergrad institution. And affirmative action may have helped you at Northwestern, but unless you're Native American, it's not going to carry you very far through your professional education. Might help sway an admissions committee that's on the fence, but you can't count on it at all.

(BTW, did you know that the dental school at Northwestern shut down in 2001 due to, of all things, a reputation problem? You can look it up. Though it may be a world-class university, the Northwestern name happens to carry a bad connotation among dentists.)

Reactions: 7 users
There's more to getting into dental school than being a good student, even if you went to a prestigious undergrad institution. And affirmative action may have helped you at Northwestern, but unless you're Native American, it's not going to carry you very far through your professional education. Might help sway an admissions committee that's on the fence, but you can't count on it at all.

(BTW, did you know that the dental school at Northwestern shut down in 2001 due to, of all things, a reputation problem? You can look it up. Though it may be a world-class university, the Northwestern name happens to carry a bad connotation among dentists.)
@soghetto

Attachments

• ohhh.jpg
    ohhh.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 78
What the hack is UMR?

UPENN doesn't send out waitlist till post dec - this persons a troll

UPENN doesn't send out waitlist till post dec - this persons a troll
You literally say this about everyone what self fulfillment do you get by calling everyone a liar. It's bad enough I didn't get into my dream school. Maybe you should go get a life and get off sdn.

You literally say this about everyone what self fulfillment do you get by calling everyone a liar. It's bad enough I didn't get into my dream school. Maybe you should go get a life and get off sdn.

Well, to be fair, I've never heard of a waitlist notification pre Dec-1, so his comment might be justified.

Well, to be fair, I've never heard of a waitlist notification pre Dec-1, so his comment might be justified.
waitlisted for interview maybe? although I only heard that MWU do that.

I called Texas A&M and they told me that they have already invited all out-of-state interviewees for the 2016 cycle. They said typically only 25 out-of-staters and 200 in-staters get invited to interview. Guess I didn't make the cut.

A friend messaged me yesterday saying they got a rejection from Penn. :/

Penn, got one last week.

I called Texas A&M and they told me that they have already invited all out-of-state interviewees for the 2016 cycle. They said typically only 25 out-of-staters and 200 in-staters get invited to interview. Guess I didn't make the cut.

Sorry to hear that.

Last edited: