List of Schools that Require DO LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mizzoudude

I am curious if anyone has a list of schools that require a D.O. LOR and a list of schools that "strongly recommend" one (or do they all strongly recommend?)

Thanks ahead of time and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

If you check the AACOM.org website and go over each individual school it will tell you which schools require LOR's from D.O.'s, from M.D. or D.O. and schools that don't require LOR's from physicians at all but recommend them. They also go over other requirements that need to be met when you send in your secondaries such as GPA and MCAT mins. Good luck everyone

mizzoudude said:
I am curious if anyone has a list of schools that require a D.O. LOR and a list of schools that "strongly recommend" one (or do they all strongly recommend?)

Thanks ahead of time and good luck to everyone.

Required = OSU-COM (et. al.)

Recommended = All

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:
Required = OSU-COM (et. al.)

Recommended = All

Beaten until it's dead = this thread

There are plenty of threads that have already gone over this. So, the answer to your question is: "No, there is not a list, but there are lots of threads that have already conquered this topic and are available with the "search" function." The answer to your next question is also, "Yes, I am being a bit of an ass today," and it's not really your fault. I'm just wondering if you even di any reasearch before you started asking these questions. Still, the information is available on AACOM.org-- only one site you need to go to. Oh... there isn't a "list" there, BTW. You actually have to look at each school individually.

Of course, I was thinking of putting up a "fake" list with eroneous information on it, just in case anyone ever asked again. Why? Just to prove the point that information you receive on SDN is NOT verified and CANNOT be taken for the truth. You really need to look into some of this stuff up on your own to make sure that you are geting accurate info. While you may often learn things from SDN, you are just as likely to run into absolute BS here. You don't want to rely on that when your entire future is a stake, now do you?

NewNick said:

The list that I complied in the link above base on my experience. It means that I used those LORs to send to some schools and got offers for interview or acceptance. For some other schools, I collected in this forum.

I agree with one of the posts above that you should go to www.aacom.org to find the website of each school, right here http://www.aacom.org/colleges/
, then read their language. If it says "Strongly recommend", then you know that they really want a LOR from a DO. Some schools explicitly require it in their statements.

Well, just check it out and verify it by yourself. Good luck.