Listening to music in the lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lumpyduster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Wasn't sure where to ask this because it's such a stupid question, but for those of you who wear their headphones in the lab while working, how the hell do you keep the wire from getting in your way or caught on something? Maybe my headphones have a particularly long wire or I'm just clumsy but I'm trying to listen to my NPR and it's so sad when I have to stop because my headphone cord is throwing off my game :'(

Members don't see this ad.

For your safety, its better not to use headphones. If so,ething explodes, or when someone shouts for help you wouldn't hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you could play music aloud in the background. Get speakers and find a nice compromise in music? That way you can hear anything needed, but still enjoy some music. I don't know if this would be allowed, but you can always ask

Everyone listens to music. I found that the worst part was not hearing my lab mates talk. What i did is I cut one ear bud off my old iphone buds and only had one ear bud to use. That way I could hear music, talk on iphone, etc and still hear the lab.

There are a lot of negative nancy's out there and I would advise not listening to music out loud.