LIU 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macspt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here going to LIU DPT class of 2021? Got accepted and made a deposit and really considering it! And anyone deciding between LIU and Touro with any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, first I’d like to say congratulations on your acceptance to LIU. I am considering both LIU and Touro. I was accepted to Touro Bay Shore Campus and I’m attending the open house next week. I am going to put down a deposit for Touro but I also have an interview on 3/2 for LIU. Any insight on how the interview day goes? I know it’s scheduled to be a 4 hour day.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here going to LIU DPT class of 2021? Got accepted and made a deposit and really considering it! And anyone deciding between LIU and Touro with any insight?
congrats on your acceptance! when did you interview/how long did it take to hear back from them? I interviewed on the 26th and am super anxious. do you mind posting your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have yet to hear back from them :(

Hello, first I’d like to say congratulations on your acceptance to LIU. I am considering both LIU and Touro. I was accepted to Touro Bay Shore Campus and I’m attending the open house next week. I am going to put down a deposit for Touro but I also have an interview on 3/2 for LIU. Any insight on how the interview day goes? I know it’s scheduled to be a 4 hour day.
I had my interview around December 4-the very first group interview of the cycle. I heard back a week and a half later. It is around 4 hours but it was honestly pretty great. They divide you up into groups, they give a presentation each 45 min or so, one about student life on campus, one introducing the faculty, one session was a Q and A with current students with no faculty present so they could be more honest, then they do group interviews. I was with 2 other people and we were interviewed by 2 of the faculty members. We each took turns answering each Q. They were so warm and friendly, so I felt very comfortable the whole time. Then you go on a tour of the campus. Good luck!

I had my interview around December 4-the very first group interview of the cycle. I heard back a week and a half later. It is around 4 hours but it was honestly pretty great. They divide you up into groups, they give a presentation each 45 min or so, one about student life on campus, one introducing the faculty, one session was a Q and A with current students with no faculty present so they could be more honest, then they do group interviews. I was with 2 other people and we were interviewed by 2 of the faculty members. We each took turns answering each Q. They were so warm and friendly, so I felt very comfortable the whole time. Then you go on a tour of the campus. Good luck!

@macspt Congratulation on your acceptance! Thats good to know. Do you remember the type of questions the interviewers asked you?
@Parker25 I also have an interview coming on March 2nd, At what time?.

Last edited:
@macspt Congratulation on your acceptance! Thats good to know. Do you remember the type of questions the interviewers asked you?
@Parker25 I also have an interview coming on March 2nd, At what time?.
I don't remember all of them. But some were along the lines of: 1) What can you bring to the program? 2) When in some experiences in your shadowing or elsewhere have you experienced diversity? 3) Why do you want to be a PT? 4) Why do you want to come to LIU in particular?

congrats on your acceptance! when did you interview/how long did it take to hear back from them? I interviewed on the 26th and am super anxious. do you mind posting your stats?
Stats:
uGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.5
GRE: 161Q, 157V, 4.0W
Hours: 113. 63 in inpatient setting.

Just declined my seat at LIU, hopefully it helps somebody here out!! Loved the school and faculty but I got into a school closer to home and money is a huge factor for me. Best of luck everybody! The interview was fairly laid back, questions were the typical "Why LIU" "Why should I choose you as a PT vs going to the others in your group" Another that was pretty unique was along the lines of "Tell me about a time in your life that was difficult and what you did to overcome it." They want genuine answers like most interviews so I wouldn't try to be too regurgitative in your responses.

Hey guys!

I’m actually choosing between LIU Brooklyn and Stony Brook University. Wanted to know if you guys had any thoughts on why LIU Brooklyn would be better or not??

Hi all! I interviewed at LIU on 12/4 and I found out I was accepted a little less than two weeks later. I have my deposit down there and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go there!

You're going to hear different opinions from everyone, but I personally think LIU will better prepare me for the type of therapist I want to be. I loved that during my interview, one of the faculty members talked about how important it is to them that their students are able to get enough sleep and lead a healthy lifestyle.

My stats:
uGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.5
GRE: 159V, 157Q, 4.5Q
Hours: Approximately 1,100 spread out in 5 different settings

I would love to connect with other accepted students who are thinking about going to LIU!

@nyc_dpt I don't think there is a truly better program, but you just have to figure out which school is best for you. From what I have seen personally, LIU therapists really seem to think outside the box and that is important to me, and definitely a reason why I'm leaning towards LIU. But you have to figure out what is most important to you and then try to figure out which school would be best for that!

Happy to answer any other questions you have between the two programs

Members don't see this ad :)
@nyc_dpt I don't think there is a truly better program, but you just have to figure out which school is best for you. From what I have seen personally, LIU therapists really seem to think outside the box and that is important to me, and definitely a reason why I'm leaning towards LIU. But you have to figure out what is most important to you and then try to figure out which school would be best for that!

Happy to answer any other questions you have between the two programs

I have my interview tomorrow, and i’m actually really interested to see how I’ll like it there.

Thank you so much for the feedback! :)

I have my interview tomorrow, and i’m actually really interested to see how I’ll like it there.

Thank you so much for the feedback! :)

Hope it went well! Let me know what you thought! :)

I am curious to know what everyone thought as well. I enjoyed speaking with the students, and I felt like they were straight shooters about life there. The faculty seemed very nice, and their student centered approach is intriguing.

Honestly I was the most relaxed I ever was in any of the other interviews I went through.
The faculty was so friendly and the students as well.
However, Stony is cheaper in general and it even looks a little nicer :/

I didn’t like the gym at LIU BK at all
And I know it should be in terms of the program, but environment is a huge factor for me

Also they don’t have a white coat ceremony which was disappointing :(

Good luck to everyone in their professions!

I haven’t heard back at all...i guess i should just assume rejection?

Just got accepted! 90% sure I will go here, so exciting :) :) :)

I was wondering if anyone had an accurate cost of tuition? The website isn’t too straight forward and I know they gave an estimate in the e-mail but looking for as much info as I can before making this big decision!

Hey, to everyone who was accepted, what were your stats like?

I was accepted about a week ago, but my deposit is due the 10th of April, I think I'm going to do it!!

Just got accepted! 90% sure I will go here, so exciting :) :) :)

I was wondering if anyone had an accurate cost of tuition? The website isn’t too straight forward and I know they gave an estimate in the e-mail but looking for as much info as I can before making this big decision!
They charge the tuition by credit, so each semester will be a bit different I think. The email I got said to expect the end total to be about $145,000

Congrats to anyone accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist! Does anyone remember if they said accepted students would be put in touch with each other via facebook or something?