LIU Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurept3750

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning on attending LIU Class of 2016?

Members don't see this ad.

im supposed to have an interview on 2/15 but the price of the school really makes me shy away from the school if i end up getting in

i was accepted there back in jan, really wanted to go. loved everything about the school and program, but couldnt justify living off of loans in the most expensive city in the country. and also tuition is high there. :( sucks, bc it seemed like an awesome program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted and put my deposit down already. Anyone else?

I was accepted and put my deposit down already. Anyone else?

I have an interview there Friday 3/8. Worried about the cost, but they are all high. Have you looked at housing yet? They offer graduate housing, but it says 9k/semester which seems really high if you have to pay for the summer too. Have not looked into off campus housing yet.

I have an interview there Friday 3/8. Worried about the cost, but they are all high. Have you looked at housing yet? They offer graduate housing, but it says 9k/semester which seems really high if you have to pay for the summer too. Have not looked into off campus housing yet.

I'm interviewing on 3/8 also. I looked into a little bit of off campus housing and it's defintely cheaper than 9k/semester. The tuition is crazy though, I calculated $140,000 for the program not including housing. Oh well, I hope the program is nice cuz I would probably end up going here if accepted.

I will be interviewing on the 8th as well

I'm interviewing on 3/8 also. I looked into a little bit of off campus housing and it's defintely cheaper than 9k/semester. The tuition is crazy though, I calculated $140,000 for the program not including housing. Oh well, I hope the program is nice cuz I would probably end up going here if accepted.
Yea, they advertise the $10,000/year scholarship like it's given out fairly easily which would take it down to approximately the same price as the majority of schools unless they have really cheap in state rates, but I will definitely be looking for roomates off campus...just in some quick browsing I found a number of apartments within a couple miles/ short subway ride for 6-800/person/month, and most even include the majority of utilities in the rent. If I am accepted I am going to attend, a lot of the other schools I am looking at or accepted to aren't even on real campuses.

I agree about the tuition, very high compared to other schools. I interviewed there 3/8, loved the school, but hate the tuition.

I agree about the tuition, very high compared to other schools. I interviewed there 3/8, loved the school, but hate the tuition.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? How many people did they interview? Did they say when you will hear back? This is my first interview after countless denials, so I am very nervous. Any help will be appreciated.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? How many people did they interview? Did they say when you will hear back? This is my first interview after countless denials, so I am very nervous. Any help will be appreciated.
It wasn't bad, there was only an hour session for the interview and it was in groups of three (which I didn't like). Very informative overall, but as far as the interview goes just make sure you have a good answer for why PT and why LIU. My group was also asked what do you think will be the hardest to transition from undergrad to grad, and what were the most important things when deciding on schools. They have A LOT of time for questions throughout the day and the interview so make sure you ask everything you're interested in knowing from the students and faculty. Told us 2-3 weeks before we hear anything, and maybe longer this time because its spring break this week. Good luck

Oh and there were 2000 qualified applicants, 200 interviews, and 43 spots available for the year. They did not let us know how many spots were already filled.

Oh and there were 2000 qualified applicants, 200 interviews, and 43 spots available for the year. They did not let us know how many spots were already filled.

Thanks again for the information! Is this your top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted and plan on going! Good luck to everyone who's still interviewing :)

Yes it is my top choice, I applied late (2/15) so not many schools that I really wanted to go to were still accepting applications for this year. If I don't get in here I am taking a year off to save some money up because I refuse to settle when I am going to have to take loans for all my expenses plus tuition.

Congratulations Mah241, maybe I will see you over the summer, fingers crossed!!

Actually just received my acceptance email!!!! Just waiting a week to hear about the scholarship!

Got my acceptance email. Can't wait to start the program.

Hi! I see a number of you who interviewed last month were accepted, congrats! I'm interviewing with LIU on April 8th and being that this is late to interview I'm wondering how many spots will be left... Any thoughts on that?

sorry, I just read above and saw that they didn't tell you guys how many spots had been filled. I guess I'll just give it my all at the interview and hope for the best! On three waiting lists so far and no acceptances...

sorry, I just read above and saw that they didn't tell you guys how many spots had been filled. I guess I'll just give it my all at the interview and hope for the best! On three waiting lists so far and no acceptances...

Yea they didn't give us any idea when we were up there, but I just crunched some numbers and as much as I love Brooklyn and LIU, I am probably going to give up my spot and just take a year off before applying to Slippery Rock for in state rates. The salary does not justify the amount I would have to finance even after the scholarship. I cant put myself in debt the rest of my life just to go there.

Mdaab43 and tkemp534, when did you guys interview? Congrats btw!

I interviewed on the 8th and will be attending as well!! Congrats to everyone else.

For the students that interviewed on 3/8. Did you receive the letter of acceptance and make the deposit?

For the students that interviewed on 3/8. Did you receive the letter of acceptance and make the deposit?

I didn't get the official letter in the mail yet, but I'm going to put my deposit down soon.

I just sent in my deposit for the class of 2016!!! So excited.

I received the acceptance email as well but I haven't received anything in the mail yet and its been over a week... did anyone receive the official acceptance via mail??

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I am also going to be attending in July for the class of 2016! Did anyone that was accepted hear back about the scholars award yet?

I interviewed 3/8, received the letter in the mail 3/25 . made a deposit 4/1.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to process the intent to Enroll Form and do they email you confirming they received it? The deadline is 4/5

Has anyone found or started the LIU DPT Class of 2016 fb page?!

Just wondering if anyone had been waitlisted and knew the chances of getting off the waitlist.

Thanks.

Hey, I'm going to be interviewing at LIU in a little over a week (for the class of 2017) and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on what you think of the program? Are you satisfied with LIU? Would you recommend the LIU program to a friend whose applying to PT school?