Living in Dorms Decrease Chance of Getting In-State Classification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CheeseMann

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anybody knows if living in the dorms will decrease my chances of getting an in-state classification for tuition purposes during my second year of dental school. I am specifically talking about the University of Maryland. I know that it is difficult to get in-state tuition there anyways, but I am wondering specifically if living in the dorms is likely to affect that? If anybody has any advice or a relevant situation from another school I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows if living in the dorms will decrease my chances of getting an in-state classification for tuition purposes during my second year of dental school. I am specifically talking about the University of Maryland. I know that it is difficult to get in-state tuition there anyways, but I am wondering specifically if living in the dorms is likely to affect that? If anybody has any advice or a relevant situation from another school I would appreciate it! Thanks!

I hear you can do it at Buffalo.. but I thought for many states they will not allow you to gave residency as a full time student. Maybe not for all but for many this is true.

I hear you can do it at Buffalo.. but I thought for many states they will not allow you to gave residency as a full time student. Maybe not for all but for many this is true.

It varies from state to state.