Llu 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOLAR5678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello people... without part 2 anyone got acceptance last year? any one knows whats the average score of toefl and nbde part 1 they accepted last year. i got supplemental application email from llu so what r my chances for interview without part 2?

Members don't see this ad.

hello people... without part 2 anyone got acceptance last year? any one knows whats the average score of toefl and nbde part 1 they accepted last year. i got supplemental application email from llu so what r my chances for interview without part 2?

You won't get an interview withouth Part 2. Part 2 is a requirement for LLU. Either they think you will send your Part 2 scores before the deadline or they gave you the supplemental without seeing your credentials. You will be wasting your time with the supplemental because without both scores you don't have a chance.

hi,

can anyone let me know the essays or questions to be written in the supplemental application for loma linda during the current cycle 2012

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

can anyone let me know the essays or questions to be written in the supplemental application for loma linda during the current cycle 2012

They will email you the questions which i guess will be specifically made for you. There are usually 10 questions through which they try to evaluate your personality and beliefs. Dont worry they are pretty simple and straight forward

do we have to have the transcripts sent directly from the university. i have transcripts with me so if i send those with other stuff will they accept that?

do we have to have the transcripts sent directly from the university. i have transcripts with me so if i send those with other stuff will they accept that?

They will not accept that unfortunately. This school's policy for the transcript/marksheets + diploma attested and sealed by the registrar is very strict. It must come your college/university. I personally asked the school and they went on to tell that they will be looking at the stamp (postage), to confirm where it came from.

They will not accept that unfortunately. This school's policy for the transcript/marksheets + diploma attested and sealed by the registrar is very strict. It must come your college/university. I personally asked the school and they went on to tell that they will be looking at the stamp (postage), to confirm where it came from.
I don't think so. I sent my transcripts myself in a sealed envelope and they accepted that. you may want to double check with their office.

I don't think so. I sent my transcripts myself in a sealed envelope and they accepted that. you may want to double check with their office.

I just don't get why schools are telling people different things. This is so dumb. :mad:

Hi

Does anyone know when will they send the invitations this year and what date would be the interview..?
Please advise

only after deadline since they r not following roll on basis so you can expect iv letter nxt month

Members don't see this ad :)
Still Waiting too !

Guys, are you practicing for the study case test?? Well, I know that they give students a case with X-Rays and they ask you to provide a treatment plan for that case.

They will send the interview invitations by the end of july , probably this coming week, and interviews will be from 19th august to 21st august,at the same time for all.

They will send the interview invitations by the end of july , probably this coming week, and interviews will be from 19th august to 21st august,at the same time for all.

How do you know this?

19 th august is sunday lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get an interview call??

I just called LLU and she said that they are looking at them but interview calls will go through till mid-August. So keep your hopes high folks.

Thanks dentovis. Good luck to all of you guys!!

i dont know if its sunday or not. m telling wat they told me when i called.........

LLU works on Sundays. They are off on saturdays. You can check the previous years threads, people have expressed their surprise at this over the years..

I'm sorry I haven't been able to be as active here as I was when I was IDP director, this new position takes quite a bit of time. To clarify though, the invitation you receive for August 19 is not for an interview, it is for the diagnosis/tx planning and dexterity test. Whether you receive an interview or not will be dependent on your performance on the test. The interview invitations will go out after the exam and interviews will take place sometime in the week following the testing that occurs on the 19th.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry I haven't been able to be as active here as I was when I was IDP director, this new position takes quite a bit of time. To clarify though, the invitation you receive for August 19 is not for an interview, it is for the diagnosis/tx planning and dexterity test. Whether you receive an interview or not will be dependent on your performance on the test. The interview invitations will go out after the exam and interviews will take place sometime in the week following the testing that occurs on the 19th.

LOL, the pressure is ON. Sir, do you know when these invitations will be sent out?

LOL, the pressure is ON. Sir, do you know when these invitations will be sent out?

That is something you would have to ask the admissions department about (909)558-4621
Good Luck to all of you.

hi,

Invitations will be sent out in the first week of August. That's what the admissions at Loma Linda told me. I have not starting preparing for the dexterity test or the case study questions. Can anyone let me know what they generally ask in the dexterity test and from where I can prepare for the case study.

Thanks

I've received some requests for information in PM's so I'll share the information that I have been authorized to release with the group as a whole.

In the case study you will be given photographs, radiographs, health history and a statement from the patient. You will be asked questions of and given direction on what to do with this information.
The dexterity test will consist of preparations on a typodont, which is mounted to a mannequin on a dental chair. Preparations could include a combination of full crowns, composite or alloy preparations. Teeth and surfaces will not be selected until the morning of the exam.

Good luck to you all, Dr. Mitchell

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Dr. Mitchell for providing us with these helpful info. We really appreciate it.

For the study case, is it a MCQ or essay test??

Thank you!

Did anyone receive an email with subject 'FAQs about LLU'?

No! Did you??

No! Did you??

Yes, I did, about an hour ago. It is just general info about LLU. I dont know why I got it now. I had applied in May and my application was complete a long time ago.

It would have been nicer if it were an interview invite.. :D

Thank you Dr. Mitchell for providing us with these helpful info. We really appreciate it.

For the study case, is it a MCQ or essay test??

Thank you!
I'm sorry but my last post was all the information that I was cleared to release.

Thanks anyway Dr. Mitchell, you have been very helpful!

i thnk they already sent out the interview invitations.

I've received some requests for information in PM's so I'll share the information that I have been authorized to release with the group as a whole.

In the case study you will be given photographs, radiographs, health history and a statement from the patient. You will be asked questions of and given direction on what to do with this information.
The dexterity test will consist of preparations on a typodont, which is mounted to a mannequin on a dental chair. Preparations could include a combination of full crowns, composite or alloy preparations. Teeth and surfaces will not be selected until the morning of the exam.

Good luck to you all, Dr. Mitchell

Thank you Dr. Mitchell. Just one more question. By alloy preparations you mean amalgam preparations? Do we have to Practice inlay or onlay preparations or three fourth crowns also?

Thank you Dr. Mitchell. Just one more question. By alloy preparations you mean amalgam preparations? Do we have to Practice inlay or onlay preparations or three fourth crowns also?

Yes, alloy would mean amalgam :D

hi
i just heard from one friend who is study in llu.
she told me that they may be asking 3/4 and 7/8 crown also. so we have to preprep
for this one too.

I doubt it, Dr. Mitchell clearly stated that it won't be complex. It's pretty straightforward. So I would say not to waste your time with a prep like that. It won't come.

Hi
Im an indian female with a room booked in loma linda inn which is just a few blocks away from the university, pls pm me if anyone wants to share
thank you.