LMUDCOM vs KYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the fact that you are a resident is even worse, because I would expect you to be more mature. when you merely had an interview here. To my knowledge that interview is a max of 4 hours, so I don't see how you can comment on anything else except what your interview was like 4 years AGO or maybe more, which still wouldn't reflect on how the school interview process is now since a lot has changed in the past 4-5 years. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but the only opinions that matters are the ones that are off based actual experince: ie attending kyCOM or doing a rotation here. That is my whole point. You didn't agree with what I said which is fine, but you are mistaken being blunt with being rude. You could have said what you wanted and disagree with me in a polite manner, but you choose not to. I think that says a lot about your character. FYI I highly doubt we will know who you are by your interview experience since it happened so long ago, we hadn't even graduated undergrad when you were interviewing, so that makes no sense.

There's more to the story but again I'm keeping that to myself. I am ending the back and forth. Goodbye!

Members don't see this ad.

There's more to the story but again I'm keeping that to myself. I am ending the back and forth. Goodbye!
Lolz I'm sure there is "so much more" welcome to 5 years later after your "interview" please do me a favor and if you will give comments about schools, back them up, or don't say anything at all. And I think every body would want an up to date opinion anyway so idc about this mysterious encounter of yours. Toodles :)

Lolz I'm sure there is "so much more" welcome to 5 years later after your "interview" please do me a favor and if you will give comments about schools, back them up, or don't say anything at all. And I think every body would want an up to date opinion anyway so idc about this mysterious encounter of yours. Toodles :)

It's never felt more cathartic to block someone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
"I go to KYCOM and although attendance isn't mandatory after your first semester the lecture capture system sucks. There is no way to speed up the lectures and it's flash video, so you can't download any thing that does speed it up."

Just a heads up, we can speed the videos up :) You just have to watch on your ipad and hold down the "play" button. I did not figure this out until this year, and still don't do it because I'm unable to use notability while watching, but it is an option some people use! Just wasn't sure if you knew.

I have interviewed at both in the past. The rotation situation at KYCOM is not much better. I have asked my interviewers about rotations with residencies, they told me of one site (there maybe more). However, I could tell it was extremely preceptor based.

I am a second year and am only looking at sites with residency programs. I am only looking at certain locations, but there are 2 programs I am interested in with residencies attached (Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and Corinth, MS..Pine Bluff is an ACGME program), and I know for a fact there is at least one more in Ohio. I have not looked at any programs beyond these, but I am betting there are at least a few more with residency programs.

I am a second year at KYCOM. There are a lot of good things, and there are a lot of bad things, just like at any school you go to. There are some things that I have big issues with, but I'm sure every school has those too. In the end, it is what you get out of it what you put in.

I am a second year and am only looking at sites with residency programs. I am only looking at certain locations, but there are 2 programs I am interested in with residencies attached (Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and Corinth, MS..Pine Bluff is an ACGME program), and I know for a fact there is at least one more in Ohio. I have not looked at any programs beyond these, but I am betting there are at least a few more with residency programs.

I am a second year at KYCOM. There are a lot of good things, and there are a lot of bad things, just like at any school you go to. There are some things that I have big issues with, but I'm sure every school has those too. In the end, it is what you get out of it what you put in.

The one in Ohio is in Dayton which is highly sought after from what my interviewers told me in the past. However, with the new schools coming up in Arkansas, there might be issues with those rotation sites in the years to come. This is the scary part of keeping rotations far from the school. (What residencies are attached to those hospitals might I ask?)

Schools will have their good and bad rotations, not saying that preceptors = bad rotations at all. However, there are things taught in rotations with residencies that you don't get in preceptor style rotations. Things that are vital in functioning as a resident and even matching into residency. What you put in is what you get out, I total agree. However, education is a two way street, if you are the only one putting in the effort and the attending/residents are not, then you are not getting 100% of the full experience. I say this for both preceptor based rotations and rotations with residencies.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, we can speed the videos up :) You just have to watch on your ipad and hold down the "play" button. I did not figure this out until this year, and still don't do it because I'm unable to use notability while watching, but it is an option some people use! Just wasn't sure if you knew.

Having to hold down the play button is still pretty dumb

The one in Ohio is in Dayton which is highly sought after from what my interviewers told me in the past. However, with the new schools coming up in Arkansas, there might be issues with those rotation sites in the years to come. This is the scary part of keeping rotations far from the school. (What residencies are attached to those hospitals might I ask?)

Schools will have their good and bad rotations, not saying that preceptors = bad rotations at all. However, there are things taught in rotations with residencies that you don't get in preceptor style rotations. Things that are vital in functioning as a resident and even matching into residency. What you put in is what you get out, I total agree. However, education is a two way street, if you are the only one putting in the effort and the attending/residents are not, then you are not getting 100% of the full experience. I say this for both preceptor based rotations and rotations with residencies.

I'm not sure what residency program Ohio has. pine bluff is an ACGME IM program, and Corinth has an AOA IM program. I also just found out last night that one of the spots in Massillion has a FM, ER, and ortho residency (AOA I would assume). Only found this out because a friend is looking in to it, but just goes to show there are more.

I was able to contact several of the current students (two third years and a fourth year) at one of the sites im looking at and heard nothing but great things, so I'm hopeful.

The site in Ohio that I was referring to is in Chillicothe ...there are 8 spots, but I do believe it was a popular site in the past.

Anyway, I won't pretend that our sites are top notch academic hospitals, because they aren't. But we do have some decent locations to choose from :)

man I already hate KYCOM because of that whiny immature kid.

Don't judge KYCOM based on one immature kid. Every school has those. KYCOM has spots in Chillicothe and Corinth. Both of which have residency programs. Corinth's IM program is also already ACGME accredited for the merger I believe. The school has also had an increase in the number of MI rotation spots. Of which include Garden City and Bay City. In my opinion the 3rd yr rotation schedule is too core heavy but DO schools tend to be because of their primary care focus. Also LMU students are not required to complete a OMM rotation, whereas at KYCOM it's a 4th yr selective requirement.