Locums malpractice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firewicket

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are NOT utilizing a company for locums coverage (like weatherby and the such), but an individual is covering.
What do you look for in their malpractice coverage?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the flip side of this, if you are an individual covering, what type of malpractice insurance if any do you need?

@medgator
Any idea what that number of days is?

On a related note, I just received this email last week. Talking about English 101, I don't even know if the recruiter asks me
to work as a locum for them or I need locum service to cover for me.

Can people even write a clear, unambiguous email? Smh...

--------
Greetings,

I hope you are doing as well as you can be!

I know there is a lot of uncertainty out there right now. I just wanted to see if you'd consider locums work sometime in the next 3-6 months?

Best regards,
--

Jason Hiemer
Senior Consultant | Oncology & Radiology

O 954 613 0635 Call or Text
F 888 607 9740

6700 N Andrews Ave, #600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
On a related note, I just received this email last week. Talking about English 101, I don't even know if the recruiter asks me

--------
Greetings,

I know there is a lot of uncertainty out there right now. I just wanted to see if you'd consider locums work sometime in the next 3-6 months?

Best regards,
--

Jason Hiemer

F 888 607 9740

6700 N Andrews Ave, #600

Lol. I know that guy.

He's just being efficient.... capture the desperate rad oncs looking for locums as well as the entities looking to exploit them in one email!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

--------
Greetings,

Best regards,
--

Jason Hiemer

F 888 607 9740

6700 N Andrews Ave, #600

Seems like he's asking if you'd like to work for him. Very confused as to people still soliciting people to join locums work given the volume of folks who appear to be doing the equivalent of waiting around the entrance of home depot looking for work.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like he's asking if you'd like to work for him. Very confused as to people still soliciting people to join locums work given the volume of folks who appear to be doing the equivalent of waiting around the entrance of home depot looking for work.

I think they like to have a bigger list of people who they can call when an opportunity arises. More people who might be available on particular dates and/or for particular locations and treatment types.

Also when you say you're not willing to accept $800 or $1000/day, they can write back oh ok no problem we already found someone who will (happened to me multiple times).

Today, I got another email from the same person asking if I can provide Hem-Onc locum lol...