Locums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I live and work in SoCal but I want to know where can and should I work? I am curious about locums.

I am single. My immediate ties seems weak.
I do have some friends (luckily) and extended family (older folk) who do not travel and are about 6 hours away from me now which means it's up to me.
I'm in southern CA. I'd like to be responsible financially (especially if I choose to leave).
I feel like there are some hurdles...
#1) Unfortunately, I own a condo in SoCal that I will have to rent out... It shouldn't be too difficult because I am near a UC as well as hospitals.
#2) More importantly: Where is good to go? I am buried in a tremendous amount of school loans so a locums job that pays extremely well, covers cost of living, and bonuses ect. Would be ideal.
The best pay wherever, whenever is info I'm looking for. For those who haver referral info plz share! So far I've heard about independent contracting positions offering 250/hr. Are there opportunities that supersede this?

Thx for reading!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems in Baltimore/DC many locums are in the $250 an hour range. Your friends from school and previous work colleagues can be valuable resources to get a feel for the decent places to work in any given metro area. Ask around, my best jobs have come from insider information.