Lodging and per diem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlantastudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the per diem for lodging in the area I'm looking at is $117. All the hotels in the area charge $117 for the govt rate. Does the $117 have to include taxes and whatever other charges hotels like to place on these things?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You are fine, there's a reason all the hotels in the area charge 117 for the govt rate....they too know what the govt lodging rate is and adjust their charges accordingly.

In the end you'll submit the total bill and you'll get paid. If they charge for parking, you add that on as an additional expense and they'll pay that as well.

I apologize for hijacking the thread.

I'm HSCP and will be rotating at NMCSD soon. HSCP isn't privileged with a per diem like our HPSP colleagues.

Any suggestions on cheap long-term (1 month) lodging in San Diego? Preferably with some amenities (i.e. wifi, washer/dryer, ironing board, refrigerator, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try the BEQ (I think HSCP are E6/E7 right?)... I think the one on North Island is a combined quarters and the rooms are pretty good. Takes about five minutes to get to the hospital in the mornings. There may also be one down on 32nd street as well.

Good Navy Housing and you'll come up with a website for all the BEQ/BOQ's in the country

Anybody have problems with re-imbursement if they didn't use the gov't rate?