Loma Linda biomedical science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone applied? if so, has anyone heard anything

Members don't see this ad.

i applied..havent heard a peep...ive kinda ruled it out....seems like they are either lagging...or pretty rude...

i HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING EITHER, I STILL HOEP TO GE TIN

Members don't see this ad :)
man, they're taking WAAAAAY too long!!! i wonder what they're waiting for. mcats are in and deadlines have passed way back when!! :mad:

but i hope to get in :(

what are the pre-reqs for this program if you wouldn't mind? can you still apply and this is this like a post-bac with mcat prep..

does anyone know about when they're planning on sending out the letters?

are you guys in contact with the program at all?

aznsfla said:
i applied..havent heard a peep...ive kinda ruled it out....seems like they are either lagging...or pretty rude...
Are you applying to the dental or medical path?

Also, does anyone know exactly what date the dental path program begins? Thanks!

i just called and the associate dean says the dean wont be back until next week. he says decisions will be made by july 10th, but i checked the calendar, which is a SuNDAY? um...i dont know about that...just generally speaking, they dont really seem at all on top of things...

i dont konw if that was helpful or not :confused: but i'm going to call them on the crack of monday morning to see whatsup

gh said:
i just called and the associate dean says the dean wont be back until next week. he says decisions will be made by july 10th, but i checked the calendar, which is a SuNDAY? um...i dont know about that...just generally speaking, they dont really seem at all on top of things...

i dont konw if that was helpful or not :confused: but i'm going to call them on the crack of monday morning to see whatsup

I just called them, and they told me that they had not recieved any recommendation from the committee and they do not know when the decisions will be made :( (This is for the dental track by the way)

Members don't see this ad :)
okay so i called them this morning at about 930am and the lady there said that the dean needs to approve of the decisions made by the committee.. SO it sounds like they HAVE the actual decisions (yes or no) but the dean needs to sign them off. i tried pressing her couple times to see if i'm in or not (i know, it was kind of rude) but i need too know asap so that i can respond for Drexel....500 bones is no small amount :confused: :( i'm going to call them again tomorrow morning. i'll let ya'll know whats up

I called again today, and they said that the admissions committee made a decision for the med track.....they said they should be getting the results to the dental track soon...possibly next week

hey guys,

for those of you on medtrack, they should be sending out the letters THIS WEEK (just giving you a heads up) but if you couldn't wait like me (had to send out drexel's huMONGO deposit today) you CAN CALL in and get their decision through the phone. they rejected me :( but oh wells, makes life more easier for me. anyone accepted into the program?

gh said:
hey guys,

for those of you on medtrack, they should be sending out the letters THIS WEEK (just giving you a heads up) but if you couldn't wait like me (had to send out drexel's huMONGO deposit today) you CAN CALL in and get their decision through the phone. they rejected me :( but oh wells, makes life more easier for me. anyone accepted into the program?
Sorry to hear, but best of luck at Drexel....can I ask you what your stats were? Thanks

dentallover15 said:
Sorry to hear, but best of luck at Drexel....can I ask you what your stats were? Thanks

mine are kind of low 2.8 ug, 3.7 postbac and 26O

gh said:
mine are kind of low 2.8 ug, 3.7 postbac and 26O
best of luck at drexel! by the way, is 2.8 overall? what was your science?

Well...it looks like it's 100% rejection rate for SDN'ers and LLU post bacc.

Im still praying. I want to be in this program so bad.

premedman said:
Im still praying. I want to be in this program so bad.
when are we going to find out for the dental track? :mad: :scared: +pissed+

dentallover15 said:
best of luck at drexel! by the way, is 2.8 overall? what was your science?

8V 8P 10B

I spoke with them on thursday..the dental track was in review....they should be finished choosing now...

dentallover15 said:
so has anyone else heard anything?

Anyone have a link to this program? Is this a 1 or 2 year program? Linkage with the med school?

they dont have much on their website but the catalog has like 1 page on the biomedical science (certificate)

http://www.llu.edu/llu/documents/gs-bulletin0004.pdf

it's a year long, you take medical school courses but they seem to be really selective on who they admit (heard they only admit around a handful). they also lag BIG TIME on sending out replies so dont wait to hear from them to make other decisions (unless your stats are pretty strong = strong MCAT)

there are 2 tracks: dental and medical. i'm not sure how different they are.

just out of curiosity, any sdn'ers admitted/finish the program (esp the medical track)?

gluck!

gh said:
they dont have much on their website but the catalog has like 1 page on the biomedical science (certificate)

http://www.llu.edu/llu/documents/gs-bulletin0004.pdf

it's a year long, you take medical school courses but they seem to be really selective on who they admit (heard they only admit around a handful). they also lag BIG TIME on sending out replies so dont wait to hear from them to make other decisions (unless your stats are pretty strong = strong MCAT)

there are 2 tracks: dental and medical. i'm not sure how different they are.

just out of curiosity, any sdn'ers admitted/finish the program (esp the medical track)?

gluck!

Do many people get accepted into the med school after the masters? If so, is there a lag year?

What is the area around LLU like? From the website it seems like it is surrounded by a lot of wilderness?

NRAI2001 said:
What is the area around LLU like? From the website it seems like it is surrounded by a lot of wilderness?

Loma Linda is actually in San Bernardino, CA. It's no longer in the wilderness :). It's actually a developed area though not so much urbanized compared to Los Angeles. There used to be so many orange groves around here but they're disappearing due to recent constructions of houses, buildings, etc.
Nothing much in Loma Linda regarding fun activities because it is a small city and are occupied by houses. Loma Linda is a 7th day Adventist city which are conservative for the most part (and yeah we don't get mail on Saturdays), but it is also very diverse here ethnically and religion-wise. Redlands,the city adjacent to Loma Linda, used to be called deadlands due to lack of activity in that area but not anymore.
Ask me specific questions about the area (here or PM) and I may be able to answer your questions. I don't know much about the post bacc though!

thirdclius said:
Loma Linda is actually in San Bernardino, CA. It's no longer in the wilderness :). It's actually a developed area though not so much urbanized compared to Los Angeles. There used to be so many orange groves around here but they're disappearing due to recent constructions of houses, buildings, etc.
Nothing much in Loma Linda regarding fun activities because it is a small city and are occupied by houses. Loma Linda is a 7th day Adventist city which are conservative for the most part (and yeah we don't get mail on Saturdays), but it is also very diverse here ethnically and religion-wise. Redlands,the city adjacent to Loma Linda, used to be called deadlands due to lack of activity in that area but not anymore.
Ask me specific questions about the area (here or PM) and I may be able to answer your questions. I don't know much about the post bacc though!

Thanks. Busy with papers right now, might PM you later :thumbup: