Loma Linda University - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I got a interview Feb 25 but at southwestern university in texas (im from texas). Any pointers? Also im looking for more information about the school more so actual experience other than whats on the site. The teachers, the town, student life etc...

Members don't see this ad.

if u interviewed, then most likely u r in.

I hope you're right! According to PharmCAS, last year they accepted 100 out of 200 who interviewed...

for those on the waiting list, theres hope. The dean said during a presentation this year that there was only about a 58% or something rate of those who were accepted who actually came to the school. Quite a few people in my class said they were wait listed before getting accepted.

That's good to hear. After 4 CA school interviews, I've been put on hold/waitlist for all...

Last edited:
I went to the open house and they told us that the interview would be extended until May. There are plenty of interviews will come up later, good luck everyone. My suggestion for the interview is to be yourself, be comfortable to talk, show them how you like the program and how you can fulfil their expectation. Good luck !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the open house and they told us that the interview would be extended until May. There are plenty of interviews will come up later, good luck everyone. My suggestion for the interview is to be yourself, be comfortable to talk, show them how you like the program and how you can fulfil their expectation. Good luck !!!

sunshine1984, do you know how many interviews there are left? Thx for the update...at least I can extend my hope as well. :D

someone asked about that but they did not answer the question. They said they wanted to keep as a secret since they are still running the application process.

For those who already had the interview, any of you heard anything from the admission yet? I am too nervous to wait for the decision.

For those who already had the interview, any of you heard anything from the admission yet? I am too nervous to wait for the decision.

Thanks sunshine for your info.
Did you have interview?
I submitted my supp. apl. the end of Nov 2009. I contacted them sometimes, they just told me to wait because my appl is under review.
Now i hope they will call me cuz as you said they still hold many interview later on till May.
Thanks and good luck

I emailed them and they said that interview will only be conducted through the end of march 2010

just got a call and that I was placed on the alternate list...anyone got accepted yet?

just got a call and that I was placed on the alternate list...anyone got accepted yet?

Howcome you were put on the alt list?
And why hasn't anyone said they have been accepted yet on this thread? I've only heard people getting waitlisted...Also, ppl who posted earlier in this thread that got an interview have not updated.
Anyways, I heard people still have a great chance if they are an alt. Good luck to you. I have the interview tomorrow morning...:xf:

Last edited:
LLU is one of those school where I heard nothing from them. At least all of my other school either say my application is being process or put on hold or invite to interview but....no reply from LLU. Wonder what is happening there???

Howcome you were put on the alt list?
And why hasn't anyone said they have been accepted yet on this thread? I've only heard people getting waitlisted...Also, ppl who posted earlier in this thread that got an interview have not updated.
Anyways, I heard people still have a great chance if they are an alt. Good luck to you. I have the interview tomorrow morning...:xf:

I had an interview on Jan. 26 and I received a phone call Feb. 5 informing me that I got ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited:

LLU is one of those school where I heard nothing from them. At least all of my other school either say my application is being process or put on hold or invite to interview but....no reply from LLU. Wonder what is happening there???

Yeah

Same boat here

I turned in mine around end of last Nov. I hadn't heard any from LLU,so i wrote to them in Mid Jan 10. I was said my suppl. appl was reviewd and if I'm qualified they should call me.
Wait...i wonder even if i'm not qualified for interview, LLU should mail out as many schools used to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview last week, Feb 3rd, call on Jan 26th I believe. Interview was really laid back, but was a lot more unnerving because of the number of interviewees there, only about 5, compared to the interview I attended at Western University with like a hundred people. Interviewers at LLU were super nice though. I got my call on Feb 8th, and was offered acceptance. Still waiting for Western University.

I had an interview on Jan. 26 and I received a phone call Feb. 5 informing me that I got ACCEPTED!!!

congrat on your acceptance. Is that your first choice of school?

I had my interview last week, Feb 3rd, call on Jan 26th I believe. Interview was really laid back, but was a lot more unnerving because of the number of interviewees there, only about 5, compared to the interview I attended at Western University with like a hundred people. Interviewers at LLU were super nice though. I got my call on Feb 8th, and was offered acceptance. Still waiting for Western University.

Congrat to you too!! :) Hope to hear from LLU and Western soon....

Hey congrates for ur acceptance........... as so far I interviewed with LLU in December and since no reply from there....... I called them two times and they said my application is under waiting to review by committee............ If u got acceptance within a week than why that's 1 and half month for me??????????????

Sunshine1984, I interviewed in december and still no reply from them...........can you pls tell me wat date u interviewed,,,mine was 22nd December,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I went to the interview in Dec, and I got a call from LLU today. They told me that my name is on the alternate list...Im worried... Does anyone know what my chances getting in?

tink7 , I interviewed in december and still no reply from them...........can you pls tell me wat date u interviewed,,,mine was 22nd December,,,,,,,,,,,,,Can u tell me wat my chance to get in??

Sunshine1984, I interviewed in december and still no reply from them...........can you pls tell me wat date u interviewed,,,mine was 22nd December,,,,,,,,,,,,,
hi there, I interviewed on Jan 25th and got a call yesterday. Good luck. I think you will hear from them soon. :)

hi there, I interviewed on Jan 25th and got a call yesterday. Good luck. I think you will hear from them soon. :)

Thanking you sundhine1984, actully I'm international student and I'm not SDA believer,,,,, bt i have Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from India and my GPA also good like 3. 77 like that ,,,,,,,,,, so wat about my chances???? My interview was goood tooo,,,,,,,,,,

i had an interview about a month ago and still waiting for the result...I have B.S in chemistry, and I think my interview was very good. btw, I'm international student too. hey! onlyforyours18. I hope we both get in...

Thanking you sundhine1984, actully I'm international student and I'm not SDA believer,,,,, bt i have Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from India and my GPA also good like 3. 77 like that ,,,,,,,,,, so wat about my chances???? My interview was goood tooo,,,,,,,,,,

May I ask you when you submitted your supplemental application?

i had an interview about a month ago and still waiting for the result...I have B.S in chemistry, and I think my interview was very good. btw, I'm international student too. hey! onlyforyours18. I hope we both get in...

I hope,,,,,,,,,, let see wat will happen??? when did u interviewd??

I just had the interview last Thursday .... now it's waiting time ...

I just had the interview last Thursday .... now it's waiting time ...
Hey, I had the interview last Wed. They told me that the AdCom were supposed to meet last Friday, and let us know on Monday. However, I think they meant Tuesday, because this Mon is President's Day and not sure if they will be in. Anyways, best of luck to all of us.

I'm still waiting ..... Kristi said it could take up from 2 weeks to a month :confused:
Hey, are you sure Kristi said it would take at most a month to hear back after the interview? Haven't heard back yet for mine since 2/10. And I don't want to call them back until it has passed the date in which they said we should have heard.

Did anyone else ask Kristy/Cindy how long we should wait to hear back after the interview?

Hi ,

When did you submit your sup. appl?

when did LLU call you to make an invitation for interview?

I wanna say it was back in november. Im not 100% sure when it was. But I then found out i was missing a letter of rec i sent that out beginning to middle of januaray and i got the call about two weeks later.

Hi everyone,
I completed my application on Nov.12, I did not hear anything from them until today that I got invited for an interview. I schedule it on Mar.18. Does anyone know the approximate percentage to get accepted after interview?

Hi everyone,
I completed my application on Nov.12, I did not hear anything from them until today that I got invited for an interview. I schedule it on Mar.18. Does anyone know the approximate percentage to get accepted after interview?
Congrats, I heard from a current pharm student that eventually, 70-80% of people get in after the interview. But according to PharmCAS, in Fall 2009, they accepted 100 out of 200 who interviewed, or 50%. I'm not sure if that number includes "alternates" who eventually got accepted. If it doesn't, then maybe the percentage is a little higher.

does anyone know when the last interview date is??

their wesbite said interview is from oct thru march only.

if they haven't asked me for an interview yet then i'm rejected r4ight?

does anyone know when the last interview date is??

their wesbite said interview is from oct thru march only.

if they haven't asked me for an interview yet then i'm rejected r4ight?

don't lose hope yet .... I completed the supplemental application in late August and was invited for the interview just 2 weeks ago .... I wasn't expecting them to call ... but they did ... be patient !!!

Last edited:
Congrats, I heard from a current pharm student that eventually, 70-80% of people get in after the interview. But according to PharmCAS, in Fall 2009, they accepted 100 out of 200 who interviewed, or 50%. I'm not sure if that number includes "alternates" who eventually got accepted. If it doesn't, then maybe the percentage is a little higher.

To lakersfanpharmd: Thanks , How was your interview? have you get the acceptance letter? Even though 50% of chance, I am still nervous.

To everyone else: Can anyone who already got accepted share your status, so we know what LLU expect from us?

To lakersfanpharmd: Thanks , How was your interview? have you get the acceptance letter? Even though 50% of chance, I am still nervous.

To everyone else: Can anyone who already got accepted share your status, so we know what LLU expect from us?
My interviewers were very friendly. After my interview, I was really impressed and LLU suddenly became my top choice, even though I'm Roman Catholic. And it was nice to meet Cindy and Kristi, they are both very nice too. Cindy also gave me a personalized tour around the school as we drove around in those "golf cart" cars. But I haven't heard anything since my interview on 2/10...been praying and hoping. Anyways, don't be nervous, as everyone else is really nice/friendly.

I interviewed 2/17 (invited for interview on 10th...i think)
I got a phone call today(3/1), and a lady told me that I am on an alternate list...... I hope I can get in this year!!

I got a phone call today(3/1), and a lady told me that I am on an alternate list...... I hope I can get in this year!!

best of luck to you ... mine was on 2-11 ... and I'm still waiting for the results:xf:

best of luck to you ... mine was on 2-11 ... and I'm still waiting for the results:xf:

Cuncti316- hey is that you calvin?? haha if it is, good luck and hope u get in! i'll let u guess who i am :cool:

I interviewed just before you, but you heard your results before me. I don't know if that's a good thing or not...(confused). And when I emailed Kristi few days ago, she said my file has not been brought to Comittee yet. I find this quite odd.

I'm guessing if it's been past the 2-4 weeks since your interview, you won't hear from them until April 1st, which is the date that all decision letters should be sent out (according to PharmCAS info).

I got an interview on 2/10. I got the acceptance call yesterday (3/1)!!:soexcited:

Wow, congrats!!! I was on the same interview day! Now you just made me 10,000X more nervous...but thanks for sharing the good news.

It seems like less than ten people are accepted to Loma Linda based on SDN reply :eyebrow:. haha...

Cuncti316- hey is that you calvin?? haha if it is, good luck and hope u get in! i'll let u guess who i am :cool:

eh?? ... did we have the same interview date? if we did ... then I know who you are :)