Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy CO/ 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nlc48070

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to create a thread for LLU since there isn't one up for this cycle. Has anyone else applied here?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it depends on when you submit your supplemental because they have rolling admissions. I wish you the best of luck :)

I just got a call today that I got in! Yay! See you guys soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 10/22 and was accepted on 11/18 :)

I submitted my secondary on 10/3. They got back to me pretty quickly for an interview.

Same. I think they called me for an interview less than 2 wks after I submitted my secondary app.

I submitted my completed Supplemental around mid November and received an email saying they completely an initial review of my file on Dec 11. Waiting patiently (hopefully) for an interview invite. Things are inherently a little slow over the holidays.

I submitted my completed Supplemental around mid November and received an email saying they completely an initial review of my file on Dec 11. Waiting patiently (hopefully) for an interview invite. Things are inherently a little slow over the holidays.
Do you mind sharing what the email said? I have yet to receive that email when I submitted my app in late October.

I notice that Loma Linda isn't ranked on US Newsweek. Does anyone know why? Just curious as to how the school compares to other schools of pharmacy.

anyone get invited to an upcoming interview, or know the dates of the remaining ones? their website only indicates interviews through march, but thats about it.

I also have an interview in the next few weeks. Good luck!
When is your interview? :)

anyone get invited to an upcoming interview, or know the dates of the remaining ones? their website only indicates interviews through march, but thats about it.
I was invited for an interview recently. When I went to their open house, they said that interview will take place till April. You should give them a call? I was told that they do interviews from Monday - Thursday.

I was also recently admitted into Loma Linda and am now deciding between WesternU and awaiting status from UCSF. I put a hold on my space at WesternU and will not receive word from UCSF before a commitment is due at Loma Linda. Any thoughts between these schools? (especially between WesternU and LLU?)

Reactions: 1 user
I was also recently admitted into Loma Linda and am now deciding between WesternU and awaiting status from UCSF. I put a hold on my space at WesternU and will not receive word from UCSF before a commitment is due at Loma Linda. Any thoughts between these schools? (especially between WesternU and LLU?)

This is completely a personal opinion and probably won't help you much, but I interviewed at both Loma Linda and Western and really liked the feel of Loma Linda better, when I was at Western I felt as though I was part of the cattle herd being shuffled around on interview day and the interviewer seemed bored to be there, as she had already interviewed many students that day. At Loma Linda the people were so genuine and I felt that the interviewers there actually wanted to get to know me better and make sure I would be a good fit for them and they would be a good fit for me. Also at Western, multiple times during their presentation they compared themselves to USC to try to make themselves sound better and it seemed a little unprofessional. While I'm intrigued by the block teaching at Western and shiny new building, I value the small class size at Loma Linda and really like that they have their own hospital system. For me it wasn't a difficult choice, but it all depends on what you thought and what you felt was right for you. Good luck!

This is completely a personal opinion and probably won't help you much, but I interviewed at both Loma Linda and Western and really liked the feel of Loma Linda better, when I was at Western I felt as though I was part of the cattle herd being shuffled around on interview day and the interviewer seemed bored to be there, as she had already interviewed many students that day. At Loma Linda the people were so genuine and I felt that the interviewers there actually wanted to get to know me better and make sure I would be a good fit for them and they would be a good fit for me. Also at Western, multiple times during their presentation they compared themselves to USC to try to make themselves sound better and it seemed a little unprofessional. While I'm intrigued by the block teaching at Western and shiny new building, I value the small class size at Loma Linda and really like that they have their own hospital system. For me it wasn't a difficult choice, but it all depends on what you thought and what you felt was right for you. Good luck!
Thank you for your input PharmD2B2019. It is much appreciated. Honestly I felt mostly the same way that you did. The emphasis of the mind, body, and spirit of Loma Linda did appeal to me as I am currently finishing undergrad at a Jesuit University with similar morals and values (esp. with emphasis in the spiritual aspects). The one thing that really appealed to me at WesternU though was in my interview. It seems we may have had different experiences, but I definitely felt valued, as the professor I had really wanted to meet was my actual interviewer. However on the other hand Loma Linda definitely was more friendly and very thorough in providing me the information that I would of had to search for. My main concern I guess is in the competitiveness of clinical pharmD positions after graduation. In addition, WesternU is fairly older and bigger than Loma Linda so there are in my eyes more opportunities to connect with alumni and professors.

Anyone got accepted or any reply yet who interveiwed around mid February ???

Does anyone know if there is a Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy - Class of 2019 facebook page yet?

For those accepted, have you looked into housing? Are you guys considering on-campus or off-campus?

For those accepted, have you looked into housing? Are you guys considering on-campus or off-campus?
everyone i know that attends LLU does off campus. Majority of my friends live really close to campus. I've been looking into Redlands area. are you from so-cal?

I'm also planning on living off campus in an apartment. I am from southern CA but currently attending school out of state.

I'm also planning on living off campus in an apartment. I am from southern CA but currently attending school out of state.
I'm looking for roomies and hopefully renting out a place off campus!

I am also planning on living off campus, but im not sure when to start looking for housing

^ same... I feel like it's too early to look but then I want to get a general idea where I would like to stay.

Last edited:
sadly, i am on alternate list....... what is the chance of getting pulled off the wait list? does anyone know...??

Does anyone know if there is a Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy - Class of 2019 facebook page yet?
YES! Lets start one! I'm so excited to see who's in our class! Soooo excited for this fall! See you all!!

Reactions: 4 users
Let me know when you've started the FB group or page. I would like to join, since I've been accepted as well.

Reactions: 3 users
sadly, i am on alternate list....... what is the chance of getting pulled off the wait list? does anyone know...??

from what i remember at interview, they said they won't be able to provide applicants with their waitlist number if they call. they did mention that the school will call people on the alternative list till the day before orientation! i hope you get in!

hahaha everyone is waiting for someone to make the facebook group... LOL

Does anyone know when the best time to start looking for an apartment is? Is anyone else looking for a roommate? :)

I was placed in the waiting list. What are my chances and When does orientation start?

I was placed in the waiting list. What are my chances and When does orientation start?

September 8. They don't tell anyone what place they are on the waitlist.

Does anyone know when the best time to start looking for an apartment is? Is anyone else looking for a roommate? :)

I live in Loma Linda and have a house. I might be looking for housemates, but won't know until this summer. Everyone I know starts looking for places to live about a month before school starts (Med and Dent school start in the summer, so people look in the summer. LLU Trading Post is where most people post places to rent. http://www.llu.edu/news/trading-post/index.page