Loma Linda vs. UOP vs. USC.. Which One??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mell_600

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been accepted to Loma Linda, UOP and USC pharmacy schools class of 2020.
I would like to know your opinions. Which school would you choose and why?

My question is more regarding opinions on the school's curriculum, atmosphere, networking, job opportunities after graduation, flexibility, ... Also any aspects you find specific to the school.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Loma Linda is the newest of the 3 and has the least reputaiton. Its also expensive and doesn't even have a ranking. Unless you are
a 7th day Adventist this shouldn't even be an option.

UoP is a 3 year program, do you want to feel rushed when you already have a heavy workload? UoP may be reputable to pharmacy but to the average joe UoP
is an unknown school with literally no reputation. Tuition is also very expensive and Stockton isn't a very nice area to live in for 3 years.

USC is the most expensive but has the best reputation. If you can tolerate LA traffic and the unsafe area around USC then maybe this is the place for you.

Regardless, if your plan is to work in saturated California after graduating then all 3 options will leave you in far too much debt for the low 6 figure salary that you will make
while floating around 3 different pharmacies a day. If you can get into an out of state school with cheaper tuition go there, of the 3 none are ideal.

Reactions: 1 user