longest phase of mitosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it interphase or prophase? I would think it is interphase, but destroyer says it is propase and the internet seems to be mixed.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it interphase or prophase? I would think it is interphase, but destroyer says it is propase and the internet seems to be mixed.

Any thoughts?

A cell spends 90 percent of its life in Interphase but during the actual longest phase during MITOSIS is indeed prophase!

interphase is not part of mitosis but the longest phase of mitosis is prophase and shortest phase is anaphase

Members don't see this ad :)
So Destroyer is telling me prophase is the longest mitotic stage. Campbell's, however, reads "Metaphase is the longest stage of mitosis, lasting about 20 minutes." Can anybody clear this up?

So Destroyer is telling me prophase is the longest mitotic stage. Campbell's, however, reads "Metaphase is the longest stage of mitosis, lasting about 20 minutes." Can anybody clear this up?

Which edition of Campbell's are you using? I did a search through the 9th and 10th and neither mentions the longest phase, although they do note anaphase is the shortest. Most of the other sources I've looked at also say prophase is the longest mitotic stage.