Look at all the empty seats at the Campbell University's College of Pharmacy's Class of 2023 White coat ceremony!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JackFruitLover

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Empty Seats.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
The message is finally starting to come thru

That’s a bleeping basketball auditorium so that means nothing. How many places in the class are unfilled?

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the white coat ceremony done? Is this after their 1st year and a 3rd of the class already flunked out?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That’s a bleeping basketball auditorium so that means nothing. How many places in the class are unfilled?

I mean, you have the students sitting right in front of the podium. Look at how many seats are empty there...

I mean, you have the students sitting right in front of the podium. Look at how many seats are empty there...

All this tells me is they put out way too many seats. Which seems weird, surely they knew how many students they have?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you have to know nursing has a 50% fail rate. the first thing they say is look to your left and look to your right half of your class will fail or get married ahahahah. The new schools have a higher success rate at 90%

• Wow
Look at all those banners for an FCS school. Aggrandizing much

Look at all those banners for an FCS school. Aggrandizing much
conference title banners likely for every sport - I know my D3 school had about 70 of them hanging,

There are legitimately more banners in the above photo than at Pauley Pavilion (but those banners list multiple NCAA championship years for volleyball on the same banner)

Where the heck is campbell university? lol....

People actually go to these things? What a waste of time and money if parents actually buy plane tickets and book hotels to see this stupid thing. Even worse if the student fails out.

Celebrate after you get your degree, not before you start.

Reactions: 2 users

I do not know any white coat ceremony that required over 3,000 people in attendance for merely joining a program. This looks to be about the size of this basketball stadium. So around 120 students in the picture (presuming the left and right sections are students and not faculty). I expect around 700 - 800 people to attend (if that) which would mean 1/4 of the stadium should be filled. Based on this picture, the rear-center section seems packed leaving the opposite side and the left and right spectrum side empty....Which means 1/4 of the stadium full....as expected......for around 100 students.....

Thanks for playing. Try Again

I do not know any white coat ceremony that required over 3,000 people in attendance for merely joining a program. This looks to be about the size of this basketball stadium. So around 120 students in the picture (presuming the left and right sections are students and not faculty). I expect around 700 - 800 people to attend (if that) which would mean 1/4 of the stadium should be filled. Based on this picture, the rear-center section seems packed leaving the opposite side and the left and right spectrum side empty....Which means 1/4 of the stadium full....as expected......for around 100 students.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190821-055855.png
    Screenshot_20190821-055855.png
    665.4 KB · Views: 76

This whole thread is really strange. I went to Campbell. The white coat ceremony was held this year in the newly upgraded convocation center, which has more than enough space. Putting the family in front of the speakers and not behind them seems logical to me. What am I missing here?

This whole thread is really strange. I went to Campbell. The white coat ceremony was held this year in the newly upgraded convocation center, which has more than enough space. Putting the family in front of the speakers and not behind them seems logical to me. What am I missing here?

I actually thought they meant there were a lot of empty *student* seats on the stage, not a lot of empty audience seats in the stadium, but maybe I misunderstood. I also considered that this whole thread might be a joke but who knows?

I actually thought they meant there were a lot of empty *student* seats on the stage, not a lot of empty audience seats in the stadium, but maybe I misunderstood. I also considered that this whole thread might be a joke but who knows?

Usually what happens is the students are situated in the center while faculty and assistant directors and student affair staff have their own seats on the left and right of the students. This is literally how our white coat ceremony was done.

Who cares? their all wasting their money, efforts, and whats infinitely more important, their time.....

its actually a decent school not top 10 but solid. i know many of their grads

My bad man im just talking smack, ive seen signs for it i think as i was driving up through Florida, Georgia, and into NC.....to go camping..Then if they are having trouble filling seats what are the low rank schools gonna do? lol...

At least Campbell University's program existed before 1990 and there were legitimate reasons to establish that program. It's PharmD programs at for-profits like California Northstate that have no valid value proposition to exist (a for-profit school hitting up their municipality for money to open a teaching hospital? OK...) and then your diploma mills with bad NAPLEX rates like your usual suspects of 0-6 programs that are garbage

My bad man im just talking smack, ive seen signs for it i think as i was driving up through Florida, Georgia, and into NC.....to go camping..Then if they are having trouble filling seats what are the low rank schools gonna do? lol...
I know - no worries, I didn't go there, so I don't have a dog in the fight, many people probably don't know jack about my school, and we are in the top tier of private schools, just not a big "name"

PS - Camping in NC is awesome - if you come back, I can give you advice on some awesome trails

I know - no worries, I didn't go there, so I don't have a dog in the fight, many people probably don't know jack about my school, and we are in the top tier of private schools, just not a big "name"

PS - Camping in NC is awesome - if you come back, I can give you advice on some awesome trails
nice.....yeah as soon as wal mart gets on my i'm splitting. I decided to ride it out. Its the same everywhere....